No announcement yet.

wakeshapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI DO NOT put these on a hot seat, the black rubber left a nice ring on my seats.
    2008 210 SAN TE (Moonraker Yellow over Midnight Blue)

Comment

• Copied from this thread- http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/fo...aper-group-buy

Man. I must say, I am absolutely blown away at how well this works. Yesterday was my first day out with it. First off, let me say that Pat and his wife Jes have been amazing to work with. They are crazy set on making sure I have been happy with the product. The wake shaper is very well built and pleasing to the eye. Lanyards, pins, and everything looks top notch.

My normal set up is weak. We surf at 11 mph port side only, so I normally just have an 800# sack on the port side. Being that I have the GT40, our port wave has been terrible. This pic was last weekend. 800# in port locker, cooler and everything I could find in the boat on the port side, and me sitting on the port seat while driving. Pretty much our normal wave, unless we have a few more people in the boat and it isn't much better still.

For reference, I am 5'11" 220lb. Could surf without rope, but barely.

I have more ballast on the way, but it wasn't here by this weekend, so my setup this weekend was:
      Myself and 2 others in the boat. 800# sack evenly across the rear seat. That's it.

Wave without the QSWS.

Wave with QSWS. One thing to note- we were able to slow the boat down from 11mph to around 9.5mph.

Me surfing, and a buddy who is a lot lighter than me surfing.

Again, I can't say how impressed I was with the change. Were I had to almost ride touching the swim platform before, I am able to get much further back now. WAY more push. I have more ballast on the way, and can only assume its going to get better (800 in each locker, 500 in bow). More pictures to come after adding ballast next weekend.

Comment

• Nice wave
        2008 210 SAN TE (Moonraker Yellow over Midnight Blue)

Comment

• Besides switching between a bunch of boats, is there any reason for them to be adjustable? anyone find that a different angle on the same boat does different things?

Comment

• Has anyone had any success building and placing one of these on a Air Nautique 216 (direct drive), if so did you use the same angle and where did you place it? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by hornsfan View Post
              Has anyone had any success building and placing one of these on a Air Nautique 216 (direct drive), if so did you use the same angle and where did you place it? Thanks
              I have the same question as hornsfan. Hopefully someone has used this on a DD.

Comment

• I'll be building one of these for our 216 (DD) this weekend, hopefully test it out too. I'm tempted to build an adjustable one since I really don't know the optimal angle. Maybe 3 angles beginning with 90 degrees...

Comment

• Hornsfan and JMS, I just built one of these for my father in laws 03 216 (DD) and should get a chance to test it this weekend. I'll let you know once we give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using PLANETNAUTIQUE mobile app

Comment

• Curious if anyone has tried one of these on a boat with NSS. Wonder if it takes the wave to another level or degrades it. I would guess degrade but I would be interested in seeing an experiment

Comment

• My neighbor purchased one of the ones off eBay for his Malibu Response, surfs it with his kids all the time. seems to work on his DD great.

Comment

• Just gave this a go on an Air 216 DD. Didn't take any photos but it worked amazingly well! I was very impressed.

Comment

• I've got one on the way, looking forward to trying out. I agree with the post that was a few above, I emailed late Saturday night, thinking they would get It on Monday, but they replied within about 10 minutes. I'm out west and it was fairly late, and they are on the east coast, so very late there. Great folks to deal with 👍🏻 looking forward to trying it out on my '04 211. I'm hoping that it will help with the starboard wake, as my prop rotates opposite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey PN,

I'm glad you guys that have purchased the Quick Shift Wake Shaper are enjoying them and are surfing some amazing waves!

Pat Grandelli
                            President Quick Shift Wake Surfing
                            www.QuickShiftWakeSurfing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by D_hordyk View Post
                              Just gave this a go on an Air 216 DD. Didn't take any photos but it worked amazingly well! I was very impressed.

D_Hordyk
                              Was your Air 216 weighted down with ballast, if so how much weight?

Comment

• Hornsfan - Stock tanks full with 500 pounds and then a 600 lb fat sac on either side of the engine for 1700 lbs total. Your going to need the extra weight to surf. I'd do what I did above and if you have more weight than that to work with, add some up front in the bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X