DIY suckcup surf gate ? on angle for 220SANE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY suckcup surf gate ? on angle for 220SANE

Hey guys. I know there is a ton of these DIY gates out there and I'm in the process of building one for my 06 220 SAN. The back sides of the 220 are straight and do not angle in like on many other models, I've started to copy member NR2041 design, but I'm concerned that with a 90% angle we won't get the same wake results due to the hull design differences. Anyone make one of these for a 220 or have input on suggested angle coming off the side of the boat with suckcup design?

Thanks for the input.

Sorry to hijack but if you ever want a system that works 100%
    http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/fo...-style-for-220

Comment

Originally posted by skihartwell View Post
      Hey guys. I know there is a ton of these DIY gates out there and I'm in the process of building one for my 06 220 SAN. The back sides of the 220 are straight and do not angle in like on many other models, I've started to copy member NR2041 design, but I'm concerned that with a 90% angle we won't get the same wake results due to the hull design differences. Anyone make one of these for a 220 or have input on suggested angle coming off the side of the boat with suckcup design?

Thanks for the input.
      I made one for my 220 at 60 degrees and it works great!
      I also tried a friends out that was probably closer to 75 degrees and a little smaller, also worked just fine...
      I suspect you could stick almost anything to the side of the boat and it would do the job.
      I'm really loving the surf wake of the boat! I'd put it up against any of the new boats out there

Comment

Working...
      X