GT40 HP and LP Fuel PUmps inoperative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT40 HP and LP Fuel PUmps inoperative

I have a 2000 Ski Nautique that is now down and won't start. Here is the sequence of events:
    - skied one pass and boat died at turn island; restarted, died, restarted died, restarted but died while pulling me out; restarted again and died again; pulled it back to my dock
    - at the dock it would start and die, so I figure it is a fuel problem
    - put new filter in the FCC, which of course drained the FCC; the FCC was pressured and I had to use the Schrader valve to relieve the pressure before changing the filter
    - tried to turn ignition on/off to cycle the pumps to fill the FCC, but neither pump would cycle
    - shorted the STO to ground per threads I have read and neither pump comes on
    - replaced both relays with BorgWarner relays from Oreilly and no change
    - have pressed each of the reset buttons numerous times
    - starter still turns the engine over but no pressure builds in the FCC

I cant find a PCM GT40 manual on any site that matches my model. My FCC is the spin-on type, at front left with HP pump inside FCC. The manual indicates a 20A circuit breaker located on/near the LP pump. I do not have one of those. And both my ECA and fuel pump relays are identical, unlike what is in the manual. I have so far been unable to locate a manual that is the correct one for my GT40.

I don't know where to turn from here and would appreciate any help.

All of my breakers were on the back of the motor near the engine computer on my '99 (next to both relays), do you have a 20A back there?

Comment

Yes, there are three re-settable circuit breakers on the back near the relays. I have pressed all three of them several times.

Comment

Check your safety lanyard. Is it off? If it is on short the connection at the back and try it again. The safety lanyard off shuts down the fuel pump.

Here are some manuals of the engine. Some docs are here

Last edited by jhersey29; 05-16-2016, 01:51 PM. Reason: Added more

Comment

Thanks for the file sharing. You have invested some serious time in your boat; very impressive.
          ​I jumped over the switch and still no joy.Not going to be able to work on it for a few days now. Will get some voltage measurements in several places when I get back on it.

Again, thanks and great job on your boat.

Comment

Working...
          X