2003 SANTE Steering Cable Replacement Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 SANTE Steering Cable Replacement Question

Just got off the phone with my marina and heard that the winterization was going well but they were having a tough time with the steering cable replacement on my 2003 Super Air Nautique Team Edition. The marina said that this was the one year that the cable was done this way and that they had to remove the fuel tank to access. Have any of you guys heard that this is a particularly hard year to replace? I'm sure that these guys are honest, but it never hurts to get a second opinion!

I think my steering cable was routed over my fuel tank on my 03 210, but the previous owner might have replaced it before. I don't think there really is much of a difference between the different years of 210s, but if it they had to remove a full fuel tank, then I could see why they thought it was more difficult than normal. The hardest part for me was reaching under the engine to loosen that nut. That took me forever.

Comment

Looks like its done. I felt bad for the guys at Silver Spray, as it took about twice as long to complete as they thought (like 12 hours). It was great of them to honor the initial quote. The work came out awesome and they definitely have me as a customer for life. They said that there was some sort of conduit that the cable had to go through that made things difficult. Glad that's over, now I can detail the interior and begin getting ready for next season!

Comment

my 2004 210 has the conduit. it was a pain in the ***. I tied a rope to the old one as I removed it to pull the new one back through. I still couldn't get it, so I ran it outside the conduit and secured it to the outside. IIRC the gas tank didn't need to be pulled since I could use the rope to pull the new cable under it.
        19 SANTE 210
        08 SANTE 210 ZR6
        08 SANTE 230 ZR6
        04 Super Air 210 Team Edition Ex343- Loved that boat
        96 Sport Nautique GT-40 - First Nautique
        88 Baja Ski Sport- First boat

Comment

Working...
        X