Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM GT-40 Tune Up

Hello all,

My wife is asking me what I want for Christmas, so I am giving ideas for stuff for the boat. I was trying to find a good list of items for a full tune up kit, but haven't been able to find a definitive list. Obviously I would include plugs, wires, distributor, impeller, thermostat, gaskets, fuel filter. What else do you think I need for a full tune up? Are there any sensors that I should replace? I guess I should mention that the boat is a 2001 nautique with a gt-40. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Aj

I bought a 2002 Nautique with a 650 hour GT40 and did the same tune up your describing. If you want to get more in depth here is what I recommend and did. Do your belts both alternator and water pump if you haven't recently. Clean the flame arrestor, the crank case breather attaches to it so it gets pretty gunked up over time and if its dirty check your throttle plate, if that's dirty pull the throttle body and idle air control and clean both good and install with new throttle body and idle air control valve gaskets.Pull your exhaust manifold and riser and inspect for rust bubbles that inhibit water flow or severe rust that may lead to a hole in the water jacket which will hydro lock a cylinder and be bad , I soaked mine in vinegar over night and it helped open the water passages up. I then reinstalled the exhaust components with new manifold and riser gaskets and new manifold bolts which i recommend if originals are rusted. On your water pump you can purchase a rebuild kit from SkiDim.com that consists of a new press fit spring seal and carbon bearing. I took mine apart and it was clear it had never been rebuilt and was in bad shape. If you see water drip marks on your water pump you know your seals are bad and it needs a rebuild. If you think its never been done Id do it because its not difficult if you have access to a simple press. Use a press though don't try to hammer the seal into the water pump as the carbon bearing is very fragile. If the sensors aren't broke don't touch them besides on the GT40 they are all pretty easy to get to so if and when they do go out you can change them at that time. My two sense, good luck.

Comment

I would also change All the fluids and the fuel filter. I agree I wouldn't change the relays or sensors until they go. But it isn't a bad idea to have them on hand in case.
      2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
      2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
      1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

Thank you all for responses. I really appreciate the information.

Comment

Working...
        X