Boat Winterization Kit from Camco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Winterization Kit from Camco

Has anybody bought one of these kits? http://www.amazon.com/Camco-65501-Yo.../dp/B0000AXQU2

This seems like a much easier way to winterize your boat if you have a fake a lake attachment. I'm looking for pros and cons please.
    Last edited by JoeA; 10-10-2015, 09:24 AM.
    2015 G23 550
    2013 Malibu 22MXZ

i use antifreeze, but only after i drain the block and manifolds. what guarantee do you have that the thermostat opened, letting antifreeze into the block?

Comment

I have closed cooling so I'm basically looking to winterize the other components that utilize raw water. If your engine did use raw water this item has a two way valve that allows you to run water through the engine while waiting for the thermostat to open them you move the valve to stop the flow of water and initiate the flow of antifreeze.
      2015 G23 550
      2013 Malibu 22MXZ

Comment

You think it is worth putting antifreeze into the manifolds, intercooler and transmission? I've just been draining mine. If you used this you wouldn't have to worry about the thermostat opening. I bought a fake-a-lake for mine to run the engine in the driveway but couldn't get it under the boat. The trailer was in the way.
        2013 G23 450 with NSS (175hrs) and still have the original prop
        2010 SANTE 230 343 (280hrs)
        pre 2010 - various open bow boats and jet skis

Comment

Personally think doing anything other then a drain then a/f suck-up/fill is risky particularly if using the rv antifreeze. I use the rv type now and it's cheap enough I don't mind burning thru 5-6 gallons (raw water cooled w/heater & shower) to ensure it is throughout the entire system.

Also not a big fan of the fake-a-lake, flush pro is a better solution or fabricating your own tee for about $20 is better yet.

JoeA, kit looks like a decent solution for small $$$, not sure what size the tank is, ideally you would want at least 5 gallons if raw water cooled or if you can add a/f on the fly that would work also.

Comment

I bought one it comes with a 5 gal tank . I always drain all the water first . I don't use the raw water pump to suck the antifreeze in . I remove the hose between the RWP and the thermostat and fill the engine until it comes out the exhaust. This system is useful for mixing the antifreeze [ I use green AF] .I just put the tank on a ladder next to the boat and let it gravity feed in. I mix 30/70 witch is good to 0-10 degrees more than good enough for Georgia.

Comment

I drain the block and manifold, dump the water strainer then on the back side of the strainer, i disconnect the 1 1/4 hose from it and made an adapter to plug in a garden hose to a 5 gallon bucket of of RV fluid. Start the boat up and let it suck it through the system until it comes out the exhaust. Works great. Grab the stuff at lowes and done.

Comment

Working...
              X