Another '00 Keypad issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another '00 Keypad issue

Hey guys! Well like it says it the title... Got a 2000 Pro air nautique (i know not as cool as a super air but its all Ive got out here in Hawaii) and for some reason when I enter my code and press start it starts every time. Its when I press the stop button this is when it does not shut off. The safety lanyard is bypassed (was like that when I bought it) so I cannot use it to shut down the engine. Today I had to yank off the coil wire and shocked the %^&* out of me.

Is there anything other than a worn out keypad that could cause this?

If it is for sure the kaypad, I would like to convert to a standard old fashioned key ignition, is this possible? I dont need the fancy keyless stuff, as long as it turns the boat on and off when I want it to. If anyone has experience with this, any help would be much appreciated!

By the way the engine is the pro boss gt40... which has an issue as well if anyone would like to chime in on a hunting idle issue My Dad (a malibu owner, dont judge him, his 94 echelon looks newer than most 2013's!) says that me running premium might have something to do with it... something about a knock sensor and it being designed to run on 87 octane. That or the timing could be off and I should mess around with the distributor. Any of this sound right?

Thank you again for any help, I would really like to hear that I dont need to spend $400 on a new keypad. Would rather go down to NAPA and hook up a $20 ignition or some kind of push button set up!

Thanks Guys!

Kasey

There isn't an electrical cut off switch on the kick panel under the drivers seat. That might be a better shut off option instead of shocking yourself.

Check voltage on the TPS at idle. Should be about .98 to 1. The power will show 5 volts if you check the wrong wire of the 3 wires. I think you want the black and green. Just check with a wire probe.
    Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for your response jhersey29.Either someone removed this electrical cut off switch before I bought it used or I am blind. My boat does not have a switch on the kick panel or under the drivers seat. Do you know of anyone who has installed a traditional key ignition on this model boat or similar?

Comment

Also, do you have a picture of your electrical cut off switch and its location? Thank you

Comment

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/fo...-keypad-bypass

Comment

I don't have a picture. My buddies Ski Nautique same year was one that has 3 positions. On, off and bilge mode. It is located sort of high up on that wall. Yours might not have one since different model.

Comment

jhersey thank you for the link to that push button starter, that just got moved to the top of the to do list! Man I hope this works if so youre my hero. I searched and searched on these forums and all I could find is people talking about doing it but never saw anyone do it. THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X