2001 SAN upgrading dash ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 SAN upgrading dash ground

I believe I am the latest victim of the all to famous undersize ground to dash as all my gauges are on the blink as well as PP. I pulled out the kick panel and dash and it is a nightmare of wires everywhere. Ive searched for days and cant find any pics of where I need to put a new ground. Does anybody have a pic of what I am looking for? Also I have a fuse panel I mounted under my dash for my ballast system, can I just run the ground to the fuse panel instead of all the way back to the motor?

You can also run a ground to the negative post on your battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave Clemons

Comment

Thanks, yes I understand it can go to the battery as well but that is also in the back of the boat. The fuse panel is right under the dash and has 1 gauge running from there to the battery. It makes sense to me to just run an 8-10 gauge to the fuse panel, but I want to make sure im not missing something and will get a voltage drop if done that way. Right now my batteries are showing 12.6 and 12.7 on the voltmeter and my PP on the dash is reading 11.1 with the engine off. no bueno.

Comment

Ok I am figuring this out but have more questions. I ran 6 guage + and - from my battery directly to the PME box and am now showing 12.2v on the PP. The problem is by doing this I have bypassed the on/off/bilge and my dash stays on when I put it in the off position. From searching the forum I thought this was how everyone was wiring it but it seems I need to run the #6 to the on/off/bilge switch and then to the black box, is this correct? Then I will maintain the ability to shut off the dash. I never read anyone doing it like this.

Comment

Working...
        X