2011 200V Oil Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 200V Oil Change

Doing my first oil change and fuel filter replacements. I tried to reroute the oil drain hose to the hole in the bilge, but the fuel tank is blocking its path and the drain hose isn't long enough. Any suggestions? HELP!

Thanks all,
    Brian

Use a pump and suck the oil out through the same drain hose; very easy and quick
    '13 200V Sport Nautique
    '05 SV211 Nautique
    '97 Ski Nautique
    '90 Ski Nautique
    '85 Ski Nautique
    '79 Ski Nautique

Comment

Thanks NautiqueOasis. Can you recommend a good oil pump? I suspect using he pump, I really do not need to have the drain hose lower than the oil tank, though it can only help, correct? Thanks again.

Comment

Also, I recall in a thread (I'm currently unable to find) that there is an adapter than can thread on the end of the drain hose that has a nipple on the other end so you can attach another hose which can connect to an oil pump. Anyone know that part number? I believe it may have been a fitting from Northern Tool or Grainger??

Comment

I use the Moeller extractor on all my motors (houseboat twin engines; generator; 200V) using the quick drain hose; great product, just pump it several times and it creates a vacuum and does the rest. Engine drain hose connects at the bottom of the oil pan so no need to worry about where it is at. I did get a swivel fitting from Grainger to connect to the drain hose; I believe it was Pipe Size 1/4" (ID) swivel end with a 3/8" hose barb. Assuming they have not changed the tubing that comes with the extractor, that size should work.
          Last edited by NautiqueOasis; 08-27-2014, 11:02 PM.
          '13 200V Sport Nautique
          '05 SV211 Nautique
          '97 Ski Nautique
          '90 Ski Nautique
          '85 Ski Nautique
          '79 Ski Nautique

Comment

Working...
          X