Air dam options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air dam options

I have a 2012 230. Im thinking about creating a door and covering with marine carpet that would slide in the groove from the top creating an air dam. I've seen the folding doors that come as a option. I would rather have something that I can take out completely when not needed. Has anyone seen this done before.

I had an upholstery shop make me a Sunbrella air dam, snaps to the bottom of the windshield and snaps down the sides, when I'm not using it, it folds up into the mesh compartment in the walk through. No muss no fuss, and it works great.

Sent from my iPad

Comment

Two options I have experienced.

1. A Fabric snap in dam can be fobbed by any marine canvas shop fit to the walk through between the cockpit and bow and made to fit and snap onto the inside face of the lower windshield "door". My last boat came with this.

2. Nautique parts carries plastic air dams with tracks for certain Nautiques
      2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition

Comment

Option 3, purchase tracks (McMaster Carr has some stuff that looks like it will work) and then get a piece of lexan/plexiglass cut to size and save about $600 over option 2 with the same results.
        Shawn

1999 Black and Tan Python Powered 210

Comment

Get the plastic slides like they used on Malibu boats for their air dam. About 35 bucks, attach with 4 stainless screws on each side, then cut some legal or similar material.

Comment

I think you guys are over thinking this . Both my Supra and 210 have snap in dams made out of fabric. They are light weight cant damage anything if dropped and fold up for easy storage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter View Post
              I think you guys are over thinking this . Both my Supra and 210 have snap in dams made out of fabric. They are light weight cant damage anything if dropped and fold up for easy storage.
              This! When i bought my 210 I looked at the (factory) snap in fabric dam and thought, that's a bit crappy and will be a pain with all of the snaps compared to a simple slide in, I think I'll swap it to a slide in version.
              Now I think, what was i thinking? where would I put this big piece of plastic? The fabric version is far more user friendly than I gave it credit for. Remove it and it folds up to fit anywhere OR (what I do) unsnap the top 6 snaps and tuck it under the bow filler cushion with the bottom 4 still in place ready to go straight back up.
              2008 210

Comment

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter View Post
                I had it on my old Sport and liked it but I can't see anywhere to put snaps on an old 210. There is no fiberglass, it's all vinyl in that area.
                Shawn

1999 Black and Tan Python Powered 210

Comment

On mine there is a tiny strip of fiberglass right between the end of the bow backrest and the 90 degree bend for the walkway. That's where my snaps are.

Too bad I don't have the snap in dam that would go there.

Comment

Working...
                  X