Teleflex digital RPM and MPH Digital gauge repair, Circa 2002 SANTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleflex digital RPM and MPH Digital gauge repair, Circa 2002 SANTE

These gauges have bit the dust, second pair. Originals were replaced under warranty by West Coast Correct Craft out of Sacramento about 6 years ago.
    I have located a thread for the repair of these gauges by Richard in Hong Kong, however, I cannot get an email response from him. This is the address I have for him,

richardskylea@yahoo.com.hk

Has anyone been in contact with him? Or have a more recent address for him?

Thanks

Dave
    2002 Super Air Team Edition

Just curious why you don't want to replace them with the teleflex analog (fit in the same holes) or with Faria gauges? Even if you repair them the condensation problem inherent to the digital gauges will just render then useless again several years from now.

JMO
    2018 Ski Nautique 200 TE, H6
    - 2006 Ski Nautique 196 LE, Excalibur 330
    - 2001 Super Sport Nautique, GT40

Comment

I replaced the gauges in my 2002 Sport Nautique with the teleflex analog gauges and love how much easier they are to read.
      No regrets!

Comment

Thanks for the comment. Which supplier is selling these units?
        Dave

Comment

Check out site sponsor, nautiqueparts.com they have the Faria kits on their website. Don't forget the PN discount. I installed the SS bezel kit in my '02 which plugged in to the PP, very easy install. Good luck.

Clark
          2002 SANTE

Comment

Here is a link to a previous thread on this topic: http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...g+gauge+number

In the end I got the replacement tach/hour meter directly from teleflex and the speedo from west marine. The tach/hour meter combo is expensive - start with teleflex see if you can get it at cost...

Comment

Very good point, I wanted to keep the units original, but after thinking about it, the LCD gauges are very difficult to read....

Comment

FYI - in another thread I posted some pics of the dash with the Teleflex analogs, they look as if the boat came that way from the factory. If you can't find the thread I can repost the pics.

Comment

I did look for the photos and could not locate. Are the Teleflex gauges compatible with PP? and I believe that the original connectors are cut off nd connected using crimp on ring terminals, correct?
                  I am looking all over the internet using the Teleflex part numbers, 84310f and 84510f and cannot find pricing...
                  Thanks

Comment

Call Whitelake (aka Nautiqueparts.com). They have them and can answer your questions. 10% discount with PN discount code found on this site. And yes, they are PP compatible. There are two package options, one of which is for a PP setup. I installed the analog replacement gauges last year and have it working with my PP. Almost every 2000-2002 nautique that had the digital teleflex gauges now has these. It was a warranty covered item for a while, but not anymore.
                    Now
                    2000 SAN

Previously
                    1999 Air Nautique
                    1996 Tige Pre-2000
                    1989 Lowe 24' Pontoon / Johnson 100HP outboard

Comment

Why not put a regular tach in it and upgrade to a Precesion Star PP speedo?
                      [EMAIL="Zach@n3boatworks.com"]Zach@n3boatworks.com[/EMAIL]

Comment

Or just put in a tach and use the PP you have for speed. Or just use the PP for both speed and rpm and don't bother with changing out the gauges. If you want to go gps for your existing PP, the nauticlaugic add-on works well.
                        Now
                        2000 SAN

Previously
                        1999 Air Nautique
                        1996 Tige Pre-2000
                        1989 Lowe 24' Pontoon / Johnson 100HP outboard

Comment

Try Calling Teleflex... they might have some originals or be able to fix yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ffmedic74 View Post
                            Try Calling Teleflex... they might have some originals or be able to fix yours.
                            I called Teleflex last year and got no help about repair or replacement

Comment

Originally posted by JayG80 View Post
                              I called Teleflex last year and got no help about repair or replacement
                              My gauges are unreadable at times and you can't trust the engine hours on perfectpass. My tach reads 587.4 hours and the PerfectPass reads 538.1. I asked PerfectPass about this and Aaron informed me that PerfectPass only records the time every 3 minutes.

I took my tach apart and rebuilt it. Display shows 90% now.

Comment

Working...
                              X