How big does my garage need to be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big does my garage need to be?

I have my 99' ski on a prestige single axle trailer stored 400 miles away. We are looking at new houses and I realized that I forgot to measure my boats overall length on the trailer. It was never an issue before, but it could be now.

Will it fit in a 24' garage, or even a 22' ? They seem to be cutting corners on garages now. I really dont want to take the swim platform off everytime, I know eventually I will end up at the lake with out it! The removable tonge is a pita. Converting it to a hinged set up would be a last resort.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    2005 Ski Nautique 206 SE, Acme 422, PP SG 8.0, ND Tower
    2011 strada with strada bindings

Prior Boats:
    1986 Sunbird skier with 150 Evinrude VRO
    1992 Mastercraft prostar 190, with Powerslot
    1999 Ski Nautique GT-40
    1999 Sport Nautique, GT-40 FCT,

www.skiersofknoxville.org

It should fit in a 24 foot garage without a problem but it won't make it in a 22 foot garage by leaving the platform on and tongue non collapsed. I had a 25 foot garage and left everything on and had walking room around the whole boat comfortably.

Comment

My garage is 20 feet long, and I had to remove the swim platform on my '94 Ski every time and fold my tongue. It fit with about half an inch to spare. That's with the prop guard on the trailer against the back wall.

Current Boat > 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition
      Former Boats > 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition 2013 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition 2012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition 2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 1994 Ski Nautique

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
      NautiqueParts.com - Roswell - SeaDek - Hyperlite - Delta Propellers - Christine's Marine - SkiSafe - PTMEdge - Xtreme Heaters

Comment

Thanks that is what I was looking for.

Jeff, how does your Super Air fit in your 20' garage?

Prior Boats:
        1999 Ski Nautique GT-40

Comment

Originally posted by NCH2oSki
          Jeff, how does your Super Air fit in your 20' garage?
          It doesn't. I keep it in indoor rack storage at the lake. I make a phone call on my way down to the water, and my boat is in the water waiting for me when I arrive. As a bonus, I get that half of my garage back.
          Former Boats > 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition 2013 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition 2012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition 2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 1994 Ski Nautique

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
          NautiqueParts.com - Roswell - SeaDek - Hyperlite - Delta Propellers - Christine's Marine - SkiSafe - PTMEdge - Xtreme Heaters

Comment

That sounds like a great solution.

Prior Boats:
            1999 Ski Nautique GT-40

Comment

the problem - the dry stack storage around here is around 275- 350 a month. ouch
              1988 Ski Nautique \"2001\"

Comment

Jeff, Have you looked into the possibilty of a removable platform. There are kits out there that can transform your current hard mounted platform to a removable one. You change the brackets on the Pf and the stern. The Pf then slides on and secured by two thumb screws. It takes about 2 minutes to install and remove. More room in the garage(kids toys), getting lake scuzz off of boat, and easier to keep Pf in tip top shape. Best thing since whipped cream on chili!
                If you can't do it in, on, or behind a Nautique..... It just ain't worth doing!

Comment

I can remove my platform with only two pins, unless thats not what your talking about. I just think that one day I will be rushed to get to the lake on time and forget the platform. I have forgotten my vest, and my cooler before. (to many things going on at once!)

Prior Boats:
                  1999 Ski Nautique GT-40

Comment

Jeff, I hope your rack storage doesn't look like this :shock:
                    I don't know if I would trust that wood structure with a SAN sitting over my boat.
                    Don't forget to add yourself to the PN MAP

Comment

It looks somewhat similar, but the frame of the racks at the place I use are made out of metal. Also, the boats are put in facing the other direction. I am very confident that the racks I use are of good quality. I'll snap a picture next time I'm up there. They actually put my boat in one of the best racks that they have. I think the owner of the facility really likes my boat, and wants to make sure it is safe.

Comment

NautiqueJeff, good to know you got a good spot. I've seen other facilities with metal racks and the boats face out, a much better design I would think. I just wanted to throw this picture up because I couldn't believe how nimble that rack looks.
                        Don't forget to add yourself to the PN MAP

Comment

Guys just a thought, but awhile back got tired of paying boat storage
                          didn't have ground to build a garage. So I went this route. http://www.coverquest.com/covers/ins...s/cover-it.php
                          I have had it for 9 years has held up great and has payed for itself now!! :idea:
                          2004 Ski 206 Limited,Midnight Blue and Black,
                          Silver Accents,330 Excalibur,Perfect Pass.
                          Nautiques Rock!! My 2004 206

Comment

There are restrictions against those in all the subdivisions we have looked at.

Prior Boats:
                            1999 Ski Nautique GT-40

Comment

Speaking of garage sizes and fitting a Nautique in them. . .Does anyone know how high a SAN sits on a trailer with the tower folded down? (Height from ground to the tallest point on the tower when folded) Thanks a lot for any info you can provide.
                              2008 Super Air Nautique 210TE

Comment

Working...
                              X