No announcement yet.

What the 2016 G's should have offered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the 2016 G's should have offered!

I don't remember reading in any of the G23/25 hype threads one mention of more ballast. Now I'm not really saying they NEED more ballast, but I think one of the best changes they could have made would be an easy PNP ballast add-on. I'm thinking something simple could be designed for those wanting to add more ballast without using pumps over the side or basically adding another complete ballast pump system. I'm sure there would need to be some sort of changes made to the LINC system, but that doesn't seem too difficult.

Discuss...
    Jason
    All black 2003 SANTE
    -- Southern Fried --

Guess I wasn't aware that u couldn't plumb in extra ballast in stock system?
    I think they need to get some clamping board racks and have an option for additional mounted racks. Otherwise it's pretty much perfect other than being extremely overpriced, atleast for me.

Comment

From a legal standpoint I wouldn't think they would want to indicate that you could add more weight than is already included (ie plug in capability). I know it's done by the customer, but CC can't design for it without designing the boats to handle for the added weight safely.

2007 SV211 SE
      2007 SV211 SE
      Tow Vehicle 2019 Tundra
      Dealer: www.Whitelake.com

Comment

I had the dealer plumb in 1,100s to each rear locker as a PNP design. I do wish I had thought to have them put y vales in so that I had a little more control and visibility in to this as Linc is not aware of the 1,100s

Clamping racks should have been an option for many years ago and it's a mystery why they are still not offered. I have spoken to PTM about this and you CAN get clamping racks for a G BUT they will say Supra on them. So you get the Supra racks and and you need an adaptor. Part #s listed below.

113129 Rack, Wakeboard, Adapter Roswell S-Bend
        115196, Board fork Swivel Assembly, carbon fiber composite

I am debating whether or not to add this over the Winter but need to work the Supra dealer for a better deal. A young associate told me $4K for the pair but surely that could be negotiable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 1 - L.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	468391 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 2 - L.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	468392
        2015 G23 550
        2013 Malibu 22MXZ

Comment

I would have loved to seen a LINC upgrade which includes the ability to control my boat lift from the dash, just as you can control your garage door opener from your car. Hanging the boat lift fob from the throttle arm seems clunky. (Yes, this is the biggest thing I have to complain about which is awesome!)

That said, it did make me feel good when my dealer swapped out the key float on my lift fob from my old boat brand with a Nautique one

Comment

One day maybe a 120K boat will be made that you don't have to add $$$$ in additional ballast to do what the boat intended.... Just saying.

Comment

Clamping racks and hydraulic steering are still missing. Even the low end boats offer these as an option.

Come on Nautique please offer these. I don't want to buy a clamping rack that says "Supra" on it even though it will fit my tower.
              Last edited by JoeA; 08-20-2015, 04:50 PM.
              2015 G23 550
              2013 Malibu 22MXZ

Comment

considering how common adding ballast is, I'd like to be able to adjust the fill time on the linc or at least be able to calibrate it for larger ballast.

Comment

Originally posted by nautiques4life View Post
                  considering how common adding ballast is, I'd like to be able to adjust the fill time on the linc or at least be able to calibrate it for larger ballast.

Agreed.
                  2015 G23 550
                  2013 Malibu 22MXZ

Comment

Working...
                  X