No announcement yet.

1997 Super Sport - Red/Black AIR - Work in Progress ---Lots of Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had some goodies come in the mail today.

Comment

Beautiful ride!!!! Is that an old Obrien wakeboard in the front storage area? I have that one mounted on my wall as it was my first board. Can you surf with that board? How do you plan on setting up the ballasts? I am looking at a really clean 1995 Super Sport and trying to figure out the best way to set up a ballast system. Secondly, do you know a good place to order decals?

Comment

New stuff!

Got a new headunit that let's you put your iPhone or iPod INSIDE the headunit. Also got a transom remote for it. Had to drill a 3.25" hole in the transom. That was fun with a Dremel tool!

I also got my sub in and installed my amp. The sub is a DVC alpine type S. I wired it in parallel to drop the impedance down to 2 ohms. The amp is a polk 5000.5.

Comment

More pics of amp install

I then mounted my fuse block for my upcoming ballast install. Gonna have 6 aerator pumps wired to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakerider90 View Post
            Beautiful ride!!!! Is that an old Obrien wakeboard in the front storage area? I have that one mounted on my wall as it was my first board. Can you surf with that board? How do you plan on setting up the ballasts? I am looking at a really clean 1995 Super Sport and trying to figure out the best way to set up a ballast system. Secondly, do you know a good place to order decals?
            Ya it's an old obrien. We tried surfing with it but it isn't buoyant enough. Ballast bags are two 750s in engine compartment and the flyhigh locker/backseat bag in locker that's a 580 bag. Ill have 300 in lead/iron weights in the bow. Go to www.nautiqueparts.com for decals.

I'm doing an aerator pump system for ballast instead of reversible pumps for these reasons.
            1. Cost
            2. Speed
            3. Ability to run dry
            4. I like watching water drain out the side.
            5. Less amp draw, I gots 1 battery.

Comment

Teaser for my weekend project.

Comment

Started prepping for tomorrow's delivery

Comment

Started my ballast project last night and finished it a few hours ago.

Here's what happened.

All this stuff came in from wakemakers. Those guys are awesome.

I was originally going to make a manifold out of 3/4" T fittings but when I saw them I changed my mind

So I went to the store and made a manifold out of 1 1/4" PVC. Which is e same size as my one and only thru hull

What I originally had in my head and what actually would work

More to follow.

Comment

Big hole in the bottom of my boat

Picture of the mushroom thru hull

With the street elbow and ball valve

Started plumbing hoses. I use a t1200 tsunami pump for fill and a 1" hose. Use t800 for drain and 3/4" hose. I used Y fittings to connect my drain and vent lines. Check valve on vent line.

Pic of pumps

Comment

Running hoses across gas tank to the rear of the boat

Hoses on pumps. Heat gun>hair dryer.

Template for vents/drains. Order from left to right or back to front goes left bag, right bag, locker(front ) bag

Traced area for switches

Some bags with hoses

Comment

Switch housing installed

Wiring the switches. Wires go from pumps to switch. Then switches are powered through the fuse block I installed earlier.

Replaced the fuel tank cover

Pics of vdrive storage with dividers and all hoses/wires ran

Comment

Exterior with thru hulls for drain/vent. Painted them red cuz I liked it.

Rocker switches installed

That's it. All done.

I took it to the ramp and everything works great except I can't fill the ski locker while I'm filling rear sacks. Just gonna fill that one at the ramp and fill the rears once we get to riding spot. Making lemonade.

Comment

Took it out today to test it while its off the trailer. Everything works flawlessly. When its off the trailer it has enough pressure to fill all three bags at once. I timed the fill and drain while out there. With two 750s and a 650 in the locker that's 2150 lbs when completely filled.

To fill all three bags to capacity( water comes out the vent/drain holes when filled to the max) it took around 5 minutes 30 seconds. The fills use t1200 pumps.

To completely drain it took 8 minutes 30 seconds with the t800 pumps.

With the bags empty I drove around a bit and there wasn't any noticeable filling. With the bags full there wasn't any noticeable draining. Granted I didn't drive longer than a few minutes.

Very happy with the results.

Comment

Great write up and install! Thanks for sharing.
                              Shawn

1999 Black and Tan Python Powered 210

Comment

What are the dimensions of your locker and the bag you have in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X