Walter V-drive oil leak??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V-drive leak

I'm pretty sure the issue is caused by too thin gasket paper V-drive used, I rebuild my 01SAN V-drive and make new gasaket by thicker gasket paper, $10 ,use one year no leak.

Comment

We had a few days of rain predicted last week so I pulled the floor up and decided to take a stab at replacing the gasket on the v-drive pan. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be, even with my custom ballast intake making one of the bolts a bear to access. Purchased new gasket material, used the old as a pattern and it was very easy to reassemble, even for me. Initial "paper towel" trick shows no leaks.

Anyone that has a leaky v-drive pan, this appears to be a pretty simple fix.
      '08 Super Air Nautique 210

Comment

Walter RV26-D 2005 V-Drive also leaking

My Walter RV26-D 2005 V-Drive also leaking. Leaks while not running, however, only leaks down to very bottom of the dip stick (when moored for period of time). Never had the oil loss trigger a low oil light on dash. I've placed colored construction paper under the drive and appears to be coming from engine side of drive in approx center. Hoping not the prop output shaft seal and rather from one of the magnetic plugs. Doubt it leaks at transmission join as this seems too high and there appear to be both an inner and outer seal between v-drive and transmission. A little tough to see under there. I've presented this issue to auth CC dealer/service center for 2 seasons but dispite a measured loss requiring refilling, and oil in bilge, CC auth dealer stated they could not identify a leak. I just keep attentive to oil level, filling and watching the pressure light on the dash to make sure I never reach a low oil condition. However, I really want to get this fixed and since I've recently changed CC auth dealer, I am hoping to get a better response from the new CC auth dealer. But before I take it in to my new CC auth Dealer/Service Center, I am trying to get as fully informed as possible about all possible leak sources. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards

Comment

RE: Walter RV26-D 2005 V-Drive also leaking

would the warning light stay on if you had low oil?

Comment

light will stay on to you add oil---some time you only have to add a cup full---

04 sante---leaks also!!

a winter time fix---
            2008 SANTE 220 (current)
            2004 SANTE 210 (gone)
            1998 BAJA 252(gone)
            1998 MALUBU WAKESETTER LX(gone)
            2000 CARLSON (gone)
            1992 MC MARISTAR 240 (gone)
            1994 GLASTRON 175 (gone)

Comment

West Coast CC fixed my oil leak this past winter. The bilge is finally starting to look clean again. I keep dumping a little soap in each time I notice water. Running around it self cleans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeski
                West Coast CC fixed my oil leak this past winter. The bilge is finally starting to look clean again. I keep dumping a little soap in each time I notice water. Running around it self cleans.
                I've never had the warning light come on at operating speed because I never let it get that low. The light does work however when at low idle as per the operations manual. I sure wish Correct Craft would address this V-Drive gasket leak issue with thier dealers as I've now talked to another 211 owner at SML with the same problem. The local dealer seems to need to go thru a process of replacing other parts before acknowledging the real issue. Last "fix" claimed it was definitely the "dip stick gasket". Would be nice to get a clean bilge. MikeSki - can you give me the name of your contact at West Coast CC regarding the lower pan gasket replacement. Maybe a little dealer info exchange will help. Regards

Comment

Working...
                X