No announcement yet.

Cost of getting a pickup truck painted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of getting a pickup truck painted.

I have a 1996 Ford F150. I am considering getting it painted. Can anyone tell me approximately what I would be looking at, in terms of cost, to get a full-size pickup painted. I want to get it painted red (from white). Not sure if that matters but I thought I would throw it in there.

RE: Cost of getting a pickup truck painted.

It all depends on what you want, prices will range anywhere from $300- $8,000 (8k meaning a pretty much showroom paint job.) depending on how much work you want to have done on the truck or how far you want the paintjob to go. If you want them to spray the engine bay (IE dropping the drivetrain out.) door jams exc. It's going to require alot of labor and thus be pretty spendy, but if you're handy and do all the prep work by yourself (masking- sanding.), you could probably have it professionally sprayed for 700-800 bucks.
    How about \"Chales\"?

RIP Nikolai (\'05 SANTE) 5/23/05 - 4/30/06

Comment

Dragon you are a wealth of knowledge. Did you see the feature of your boat by the way?

Comment

I don't know about a wealth of knowledge, car and boat nerd maybe.

I indeed saw the article, even showed it to my dad, he got a kick out of it as well. I want to bring the boat home, but it's currently downpouring and the garage is crowded with cars, unforutnately for me they are favored over the boat as far as dry warm shop space goes...
        How about \"Chales\"?

Comment

Other things to consider are wetsanding and clear coating.

Comment

Clear coating would be a given with any kind of real paint job. And if the person is decent with a gun there shouldn't be a whole lot of orange peel to get wet-sanded off.
            How about \"Chales\"?

Comment

You could easily spend more than a 96 is worth on a paint job. In my area you will spend at $1500 on quality materials, not to mention labor. $5000 to $9000 was what I was quoted 6 years ago for a 1960 F-100. Or you could see Maaco if you just want it covered with paint for a little while.

:mrgreen:
              Bob
              83 SN 2001
              Monster Tower

Comment

Maaco, lol!
                if u want it to look red from 100 yds away then maaco is the way to go. if u want your truck to look like a painted orange, then maaco is definetly your place. lastly, if u enjoy taking ur truck to be painted once a year, then maaco can hook u up.

Comment

bob-9000....wow who are you getting quotes from, house of kolor? erik-your best bet is toeither keep ridin the truck, or keep it the same color! macco is indeed a joke, i wouldnt take a go kart to them. as others stated you have about 1300 in materials alone. you should find an auto body shop that would charge you around 3-4 grand..thats the going rate if you keep it white and theres no major dents damage or rust.ask what paints they use, again clear coats a given, just how much they spray is a different story..... good luck

Comment

Yeah, I thought $9K was a bit much but that was stripped to bare metal, lots of extra work.
                    Bob
                    83 SN 2001
                    Monster Tower

Comment

Jernberg,
                      I am in the same boat as you, except mine will probably cost a tad more, because i have some slight surface rust.

My friend got their 89 chevy full size painted for 945, and they also got it sanded too for that price. It looks pretty good. They kept the truck the original color.

I plan to do whatever they did, because even if it doesn't last bu 3 years, that's fine, because I will probably not us it as much then.

Let us know how much you end up paying.

Comment

well i have a HUUUUGE piece o shat puller that i want to get painted ('89 F-250-see tow rigs thread). right now it's white, red, and rust and i want it at least all one color, preferrably black. i called maaco and said i want the cheapest paintjob i can get and they said bout $350 for a bare bones job.

Comment

Working...
                        X