Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2002 super air

Hey guys,

new to planet nautique, thought I would post up my dream boat I just picked up it's a 2002 super air 210 (team?) I picked it up a couple weeks ago so I could do some work on her before next season (replace decals, new stereo, upgrade the ballast, and fae) will be asking a lot of questions along the way. Awesome site, already learned a lot from the search button...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_24943.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	384322

Awesome congrats! I remember how pumped I was when I got mine! Team edition wont matter if you are redoing the ballast anyway. I think the team in 02 came with a belly ballast tank. If you have one take it out and put a bag in there, there is a lot of wasted space with hard tank.

Comment

It does have the factory belly tank, I have heard you can do another 750lbs in the ski locker once you take out the factory tank, which I figured would make a big difference for the surf wake, but I have read it's hard to remove?

Comment

Not with a sawzall.

Comment

Haha

Comment

congrats on the boat!

I am not sure you can get a 750 in there without the belly tank. Maybe if you did a custom bag but the standard fly high 750# won't fill anywhere close to 750 in that space. The 650# back seat sack fits in there nicely though and uses the space much better than the smaller tank.

If you don't want to go the sawzall route, you can remove the gas tank and then the ballast tank will slide back into that spot and you can lift it right out. But if it was me I'd cut it out.
            Shawn

1999 Black and Tan Python Powered 210

Comment

I had a custom bag made for the ski locker, I think it is well worth it. I think mine is around 78" long.

Comment

Welcome, this is a great site. I like the boat and yes, I'm jealous of your garage.
                2013 G23 450 with NSS (175hrs) and still have the original prop
                2010 SANTE 230 343 (280hrs)
                pre 2010 - various open bow boats and jet skis

Comment

Nice boat. Great timeless color combo. The matching tower sets it off.

Comment

Thanks for the comments! The only way I'll remove the center tank is if I find out that it will dramatically help the surf wake. Btw this is now my most visited site!

Comment

We always surf with center bag(650) and bow bag (400) full. Then we fill whatever side were surfing (750) and have ppl sit on that side. Surfs really well at 9.8

Comment

sweet thats good to hear, do most of you guys use the integrated bow sac under the front once you take out the cooler? is there a certain sac thats best?

Comment

I like that tint on your windshield. Any idea what % that is?

Comment

Must be shadowed, there is no tint, been thinking of adding it though

Comment

Welcome to the site! Great looking boat love the color!

Comment

Working...
                              X