Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The G21 is Here!

Blog Entries

Default The G21 is Here!

I spent the day Thursday with the guys at Nautique on their private test lake testing out the G21. Hanging out with Murray, Byerly, Mike Dowdy, Danny Harf, Meagan Ethell, Bob Soven, Emily Durham, BT, Rattray, and the rest of the Nautique team riders is always a blast, but this was an especially good time since it was the first time that some of them had ridden behind the G21, and none of the rest of us had even seen one before.

The G21 is the real deal. It has room for 14 people, the interior is very similar to the G23, and yes, it has the same amount of stock ballast as the G23 and G25 (2,850 pounds). The interior is missing the in-floor cooler and the compartment in the driver's dash, but other than that, it looks just like a smaller G23. The sliding rear seat is still there, and works well even in this smaller boat. The beam is the same as the G23 and G25. The two-foot difference in length (vs. the G23) comes by way of an 18" shorter main seating area, and a 6" shorter bow. The bow still feels roomy, probably due to the depth of the seating.

The wake is similar to the G23, thanks to its similar hull shape and identical ballast configuration, but it is a bit more vertical than the G23 at the top -- think pre-2007 210. I know lots of you will love hearing that! It was interesting watching the pros hit the wake for the first time. They were booting pretty hard and going straight up, sometimes coming up a little short on the second wake. I heard a few people say that they were caught a bit off guard by the extra pop that the top of the G21 wake gives you.

Tommy Czeschin was out with us as well, and he was tearing up the surf wave. With the rear ballast full and the center at 1/2, the surf wave was great. Tommy was showing off all of his crazy tricks, including effortless transfers.

You can get a G21 with any engine you want, from the 343 all the way up to the 550. I was in one with a 409 first, and it was great! That boat (the purple one) pulled a bunch of the pros with full ballast and a good number of people onboard, and the 409 handled it just fine. After that, I spent some time in one with the 550 (the red one), and it was just a rocket ship. I am going to ride in one with the 343 (the gunmetal/yellow one) on Friday at OWC.

I didn't ride behind one on Thursday, but I might on Friday. For some reason I just can't bring myself to ride after all of the pros have just gone out and thrown down. I can't imagine why.

Here are the specs:

Length Overall
    21’ 6” / 6.55 m

Length with Platform
    23’ 9" / 7.24 m

Lifting Ring Spacing
    20’ 1.75" / 6.14 m

Beam
    102" / 2.59 m

Draft
    25" / 0.64 m

Approximate Dry Weight
    5,200 lbs / 2,359 kg

Fuel Capacity
    46.5 gal / 176 l

Maximum Capacity
    14 People / 2,200 lbs / 998 kg

Horsepower Range
    343 to 550

Gear Reduction Ratio
    2.0:1(343, 409, 450) 1.48:1 (550)

Maximum Factory Ballast Capacity
    2,850 lbs / 1,293 kg

Here are some shots from Thursday:

2015 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition <-- Coming Soon from White Lake Marine!
    2014 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition <-- Current Boat
    2013 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition
    <-- Former Boat
    2012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition
    <-- Former Boat
    2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition
    <-- Former Boat
    2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition <-- Former Boat
    2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition <-- Former Boat
    2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition <-- Former Boat
    2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition <-- Former Boat
    1994 Ski Nautique <-- Former Boat

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.

NautiqueParts.com - Roswell - SeaDek - Hyperlite - Delta Propellers - Christine's Marine - SkiSafe - PTMEdge - Xtreme Heaters - FlyHigh

Need BOAT REGISTRATION DECALS or PLANETNAUTIQUE decals? Go here: http://planetnautique.com/decals
    http://www.hyperlite.comhttp://www.whitelake.comwww.nautiqueparts.comwww.roswell.com

Blog Entries

2015 Super Air Nautique G23 Team Edition <-- Coming Soon from White Lake Marine!
    <-- Former Boat
    <-- Former Boat
    <-- Former Boat

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.

NautiqueParts.com - Roswell - SeaDek - Hyperlite - Delta Propellers - Christine's Marine - SkiSafe - PTMEdge - Xtreme Heaters - FlyHigh

Need BOAT REGISTRATION DECALS or PLANETNAUTIQUE decals? Go here: http://planetnautique.com/decals
    http://www.hyperlite.comhttp://www.whitelake.comwww.nautiqueparts.comwww.roswell.com

Blog Entries

So there it is! Let me know what you want additional pictures of.
    <-- Former Boat
    <-- Former Boat
    <-- Former Boat

close enough to the lake to be able to run in and grab a beer, but far enough not to pay the taxes!!

awesome! great info - can't wait to check out a g21at rnorl.

A G sized wake with a 210 shape?!?!?!?!?!?! THat may be the only thing that will get me to scale down (from the G23) to a G21 at some point in the future. Would miss the cooler but such is life.
    Eric, Phoenix AZ

G23 550 hp (finally here)
    2002 Super Air
    1994 Sun Tracker Party Barge 115 hp

Jeff,

You forget a very important spec $109,875*Starting MSRP

I'll stay with my current 2010 210, but do like they offer all the features on the 21.5ft boat. Did it have NSS and all that? would like to see some more images of the surf wave on both sides.

Any idea of the height on trailer (e.g. will it fit through an 8' door)?

Photos of the hull/running surface would be great and and more photos of the wake from inside the boat!
    Last edited by xrichard; 11-15-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    2008 SAN 210

I'm hearing that it surfs like the 2014 210 w/ a **** of a kick on the top of the wakeboard wake.

Top notch report Jeff - thank you for the pictures and detailed write up! Friday afternoon at the office just got a lot more fun.

so whose gonna be the guinea pig and purchase one with the 343 ???