Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Nautique 220 Home made NSS build

Default My Nautique 220 Home made NSS build

Is anyone out there that has the NSS fitted able to post some photos up of the internals when the black cover is removed?

Reason is , Nautique are not going to be releasing a system for my 07 220 so I have been advised by my dealer. Since I have them the option and its no deal, I am looking at fabricating an alternative.

Tab deployed photo and retracted photo would be great!

Thanks

I believe the reason is because the system is speed sensitive (retracts after a certain speed). Without that feature this can probably be harmful to your boat. I believe a system can be designed for older boats, but this is a feature that needs to be thought through.

2007 SV211 SE
    2005 F150 SuperCrew
    Dealer: www.Whitelake.com
    2007 SV211 SE
    Tow Vehicle 2005 F150 SuperCrew
    Dealer: www.Whitelake.com

Yeah I am considering a water pressure sensor using a pitot which will override the switch and retract the tabs. What pressure is unknown and will need refining

I also have an 07 220 and was noticing a 230 with NSS at the dealer the other day. It had the cover off and it looked really close to the same contours as our hull. I was thinking of taking a piece of thin cardboard over and tracing the hull outline. I realize why Nautique would have the tabs auto-retract but can anyone confirm if it would actually damage the transom at speed? Seems like you would certainly notice it in the steering once underway.

another '07 220 here... There's many different ways to make the tabs auto-retract, so that's a very reasonable hurdle to overcome.
    I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread, I'd be very interested to see NSS retrofitted or similar fabrication on a 220 and what the results are.

http://www.nautique.com/models/nauti...f-system?id=93

NSS plate being actuated is shown beginning at the 1:30 mark
    2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition

Ohh yeah!!! I'm a 220 owner myself and have been thinking about this very same deal!! New boat + 50k or made to fit NSS+5k???? It would be worth it. Not worried about the speed sensitive deployement. That is an easy deal. 230 is very close design. Could you purchase the NSS for a 230 and make it work with some fab work? Of course it can be done!!! Another thought here guys that is floating on wake world I think is a Volvo tab. Not as factory looking but some Malibu guys are doing it.

here is pic of the volvo lighted controller button. i am a baby, but i think just getting nss system and this kind of button with some other parts would get it done. Wish someone would do it and figure out for us! see the pdf.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails volvo.jpg   IMG_2861.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scottb7; 09-09-2013 at 09:23 PM.

I started doing up some CAD drawings today for the backing and slider plates. Need to extend the top edge more yet. It is proving complicated to get the blade of the slider to go up behind the swim platform a little. Will update my progress as it goes but it may be a bit slow as work is a bit busy right now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378803764.435935.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	25401

definitely going to keep watching this thread.

just finished my exhaust tube today on my 06 220 and ready for another project for rainy days.