No announcement yet.

2014 G23 and G25 with Fresh Air Exhaust designed exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buxton told me it would not be available for the 2013 G23 but today the rep in CA told me it would but did not know when it would be available. He suggested I place the order today, so this maybe fresh info.
    2013 G23 450 with NSS (175hrs) and still have the original prop
    2010 SANTE 230 343 (280hrs)
    pre 2010 - various open bow boats and jet skis

Comment

One size FAE fits all G23 and G25.

Comment

Originally posted by swankster View Post
        Here's my opinion.

I just finished my install of the FAE on my G23. The main issue I had was one bolt was too long and stopped the rudder from turning fully for a port side turn. I cut the bolt and all is good with the boat tested for 2 hours. Pictures are on my profile page. Please excuse the messy install of the sealant on the interior...not my best work there, but the outside is perfect. I picked a hot day to install and got lazy inside the boat but will clean it up later. Also, realize that I added the interior tubes for extra reinforcement. Larry said they were not needed but I wanted to go a little overboard. I went the easier route and used a drill press and cutoff saw but hand tools would work.

I talked to the Nautique rep today and of course he recommend using their system because it was fully tested with back pressure/performance, water flow and warranty. I had the FAE on my 230 with 280 hours and no issues, so I went to FAE for the G23, 1) because it worked on my 230, 2) was available and I have a big trip coming up soon and 3) rumor is it is about half the cost. Larry and I discussed the install options and he was helpful with my questions, even on Saturday. Time will tell but in looking at the two options above, I'm glad I did it.

PS. I have the flapper on mine and if Nautique recommends that it shouldn't be there, it appears to easy to remove.

Awesome job, I think that version of the pipe looks the best. did you notice ANY losss of performance? Acceleration? Steering? Maneuverability?

How was the sound after you installed.... at idle, at 11mph and at 22mph+?
        2019 G23 450
        2014 G23 550
        2013 G23 450
        2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247
        2007 Yamaha AR210

Comment

Different sizes for different engines?

Comment

I believe that it is the same size regardless of the engine size
            Eric, Phoenix AZ

G23 550 hp (finally here)
            2002 Super Air
            1994 Sun Tracker Party Barge 115 hp

Comment

Ok can someone help bottom line the options as we know them currently or in the near future? So there is an aftermarket FAE that will fit 2013 G's and newer? Is there also and OEM option from Nautique for 2013 or is it only 2014? Thanks!

Comment

I have always wondered how much HP is robbed from an FAE while the boat is underway. There has to be more backpressure from an FAE vs a transom exit exhaust when the boat is underway.

Comment

Originally posted by nyryan2001 View Post
                  Awesome job, I think that version of the pipe looks the best. did you notice ANY losss of performance? Acceleration? Steering? Maneuverability?

How was the sound after you installed.... at idle, at 11mph and at 22mph+?
                  I'll know more over the next few days and will post what I find out. It was definitely quieter and the port side surf wake looked like it had a little less curl, but it was windy when I tested it and both of us surfing were goofy. There was no change in the wake on starboard side.

Comment

Originally posted by bsurfin View Post
                    I have always wondered how much HP is robbed from an FAE while the boat is underway. There has to be more backpressure from an FAE vs a transom exit exhaust when the boat is underway.
                    I would agree with you when idling but I'm hoping that the venturi effect mitigates it when the boat is moving. Does anyone know how to test the backpressure?

Comment

Originally posted by swankster View Post
                      I would agree with you when idling but I'm hoping that the venturi effect mitigates it when the boat is moving. Does anyone know how to test the backpressure?
                      Im sure the venturi effect by the backcut pipe will help reduce backpressure somewhat but nothing like the transom exit.

Comment

Originally posted by bsurfin View Post

i can tell you from a seat of the pants test, zero HP is lost. i lost 1mph on the top end, which i never see anyways. it's quiet in the boat, it's the best stereo upgrade i've done without spending a dime, no breathing fumes while surfing, FAE will be the first dollars i spend on a boat if it doesn't already have it. only issue i've had is having to look at the tach to know if the boat is running at idle.

Comment

Originally posted by jbach View Post
                          i can tell you from a seat of the pants test, zero HP is lost. i lost 1mph on the top end, which i never see anyways. it's quiet in the boat, it's the best stereo upgrade i've done without spending a dime, no breathing fumes while surfing, FAE will be the first dollars i spend on a boat if it doesn't already have it. only issue i've had is having to look at the tach to know if the boat is running at idle.

Exactly my experience with a FAE on my last X-star. Amazingly quiet, and no change in performance that I could perceive or change in wake. A larger rooster tail was the only difference we could tell besides the significant decrease in noise.

Comment

Originally posted by vision View Post
                            Exactly my experience with a FAE on my last X-star. Amazingly quiet, and no change in performance that I could perceive or change in wake. A larger rooster tail was the only difference we could tell besides the significant decrease in noise.
                            Holy crap a BIGGER rooster tail behind a G?? I might be able to see anything back there! LOL!

Comment

Oops, might NOT be able to see anything! Where is the edit function?

Comment

The Edit button goes away after 10 minutes or so of posting I think.
                                Shawn

1999 Black and Tan Python Powered 210

Comment

Working...
                                X