343 whistle????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shag View Post
    ?....just something to slightly turbulate (new word)....
    I like the word. Should send that into Webster.
    Peace..

Comment

Originally posted by sodbuster88 View Post
      I like the word. Should send that into Webster.
      oops...not a new word....and many of you already own a turbulator that turbulates.

The example closest to home is the coiled plate that is dropped in the fire tube of a household gas fired water heater. It turbulates the laminar flow into turbulent flow to increase the heat transfer coefficient.

My first experience with turbulators were in some air cooled heat exchangers for a gas plant in Saudi...in the early 90's....long story.

There are also other forms/uses.

If you study some fish...generally the football shaped ones, many have a lateral ridge on their forehead to turbulate the flow as it passes over them. For large surface area bodies, generally turbulent flow has less drag than laminar flow and the ridge forces turbulent flow even at low speeds. IIRC, this feature is called "tripping" and is usually included on engineered low drag vehicles like the flat bellied, teardrop shaped solar cars. Maybe google boundary layer tripping.

Back to the engineered fish, it is still hard for me to understand how some believe everything evolved from the same fleck of dust.

Comment

Neverenough, Could you PM me that address? I have the exact same issue as well.
        Current - SAN 230 TE
        Sold - 08 Calabria Pro v2

Comment

I tell you. PCM and nautique such great companies. Sent an email due to this issue and two days later I receive the part. I have spent many years buying machines and devices and never have I had such a great experience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375840386.900116.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	366875
          Current - SAN 230 TE
          Sold - 08 Calabria Pro v2

Comment

Great info! PCM sent me one, as well. To those that have installed the "whistle plate" (spacer) from PCM on a 343, does it replace the existing gasket between the throttle body and upper intake? Or does it go in along with the gasket but either below or above it? This seems pretty easy to install even for me (not the most mechanically inclined). Anything else I should be aware of on the install? Thanks!!

Comment

It is a replacement for the space or gasket that's already there.

Comment

Got it. Thanks, Neverenough.

Comment

I never noticed a whistle on mine...Kind of wonder why some have it and some don't????

Comment

Does anyone have the email address for PCM? I used the contact form a couple of weeks ago and got nothing. I called them today and got a little bit of run around. They said to contact my dealer.
                    Previous:
                    2011 Super Air Nautique 210
                    1994 Sport Nautique

Comment

Working...
                    X