343 whistle????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 343 whistle????

I searched and noticed a few threads but no real answer. At 2500ish it's got an intake whistle. Sounds like a it's sucking through the throttle body. I have heard the same on trucks and cars with a k&n. Anyone ever figure it what to make it go away? I wouldn't worry much but it's right at the perfect cruising speed.

thanks

Asked dealer today and they have had same compliant with no real resolve. Just the way it is! Hmmm sounds like a challenge!!

Comment

Ok I sent PCM an email and they responded!!! Next day matter of fact!! They are sending me a spacer for under the throttle body. Says it fixes the whistle!!! What a great company! No wonder nautique uses them! Thank you for being stand up PCM!! Ill follow up with the facts on if it fixes it or not when I get the part.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	366403Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	366403Part in and whistle gone!

Comment

I'd love to get this too - got any contact info?

Comment

Congrats. So nice when something like this can be fixed.

Comment

Interesting. By the looks of the design - just something to slightly turbulate (new word) the air flow to prevent the whistle...

Comment

Just got to the PCM website and then contact. Send them an email and they reply back with what they are going to do. Super simple and was an easy instal. It's basically the gasket between the intake and throttle body. 4 bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverenough View Post
                  Ok I sent PCM an email and they responded!!! Next day matter of fact!! They are sending me a spacer for under the throttle body. Says it fixes the whistle!!! What a great company! No wonder nautique uses them! Thank you for being stand up PCM!! Ill follow up with the facts on if it fixes it or not when I get the part.
                  which motor do you have? I contacted them and this is what they said:

If your engine is a 5.7L then no, I strongly suggest you look for a vacuum
                  leak because these engines do not need a deflector plate, only the 8.1L HO
                  engines sucked in so much air that they created a whistle effect in the
                  throttle body like a mini tornado, the plate broke up the swirling effect of
                  the air intake.
                  '18 SAN 210 Reef Blue/Admiral Blue Metal Flake
                  '12 SAN 210 TE Black/Masters Blue
                  '09 SAN 210 TE Black/Fury Red
                  '08 Air 216 TE
                  '02 Air 216
                  '98 Sport Nautique
                  '89 MC Prostar 190

Comment

Not true! I have the Excaliber 343 which a 5.7. Whistle is gone! I could send you the email if you want to PM your email address.

Comment

I dont know if its just me, but every single Vdrive ive owned and every single Vdrive ive been in has a "whistle" to it...
                      Migs

G21 - En route
                      SAN 210 TE (Finally)
                      06 Sky Supreme V220(previous)
                      05 Sanger V210(previous)
                      01 MC X1(previous)
                      99 Air Warrior(previous)

Comment

Originally posted by migs View Post
                        I dont know if its just me, but every single Vdrive ive owned and every single Vdrive ive been in has a "whistle" to it...
                        I recently rode in a 2013 210 and there wasn't a whistle at all, especially when compared to my 2012
                        '18 SAN 210 Reef Blue/Admiral Blue Metal Flake
                        '12 SAN 210 TE Black/Masters Blue
                        '09 SAN 210 TE Black/Fury Red
                        '08 Air 216 TE
                        '02 Air 216
                        '98 Sport Nautique
                        '89 MC Prostar 190

Comment

Migs...yes...most all Vdrives I've ridden in have some type of V-Drive whistle...BUT...the whistle that this fix is for is coming from a completely different part of the engine and is irritating at certain speeds. The above fix made my 2010 226 purr like a kitten...whistle gone. Still sounds like a v-drive...but that sound comes from the V-drive.

Comment

I AM SOO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD!!!!! (had to cap that)

Ordered part, whistle gone....... woooooo hoooooooo

only problem now, I can hear my wife telling me to turn down the tunes!
                            "I'm on a boat........"

Comment

Sounds to me a strange fix, you want a nice air-flow in your intake to get good power & economics result out of your engine. This does not sound like a fix, but more like a containment.
                              230 with ZR6 running on propane

Comment

Working...
                              X