Sport 200V Removable Ski Pylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport 200V Removable Ski Pylon

Does anyone know if the removable ski pylon (200V) mounting structure (in the floor) is adjustable? Noticed my pylon is leaning off center to starboard.
    Peace..

I dont know how easy it is to adjust. I know when I bought mine, my dealer said it was a royal pita to install the pylon (he had to install one - always orders boats from factory with it since). I would get it checked.

Comment

Ok...got yancy during the Thanksgiving weekend and decided to dig into this myself. Bottome line, there is very little adjustment possible and while investigating my situation, decided to fix the problem and add some enhancement. This should also help answer questions for all those 200V owners wanting to know whether a barefoot boom can be attached to the pylon...and possibly why CC will not (or should not) endorse this?? (sse pic showing plastic piece on bottom of pylon). See photos:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	364839

Name:	Slide2.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	364840

Name:	Slide3.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	364841

Name:	Slide4.JPG
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	364842

Name:	Slide5.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	364843
      Peace..

Comment

Some additional pics.

Pylon now square with floor:

Name:	100_4159.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	364845Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4160.jpg
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	364846

Thankfully, the factory floorplate cut-out is over-sized to account for quite a bit of pylon position tolerance:

Name:	100_4163.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	364847

Trim ring re-positioned on pylon (notice how far out it was from prior position patterned into the carpet):

Name:	100_4164.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	364848

Down to final steps - re-fasten the ring, add new faux teak non-skid.
        Peace..

Comment

Wow, great work. Kinda scary that it came from the factory not square, and the struts loose. I will keep an eye on mine.

Comment

Thanks, LakeRats. I bought the boat from an individual consigned through a dealer....so to be honest, I'm not sure if it was factory installed or dealer installed. But in either case, it was way off center. It would have been ok with everthing tightened up (we skied with it all year this way)....but just bothered the heck out of me. Even pulling the boat down the road, I could see the dang thing leaning over and it's all I could see....ugh...

The reason I wanted to dig into it myself was to see what I could do to beef it up for a barefoot boom. I'm a bigger fan of a pylon mount boom rather than a tower mount boom There's been some other threads where folks have questioned putting a boom on this 200V removeable pylon...but don't remember anyone having too much confidence in it.
            Peace..

Comment

Very impressed with your attention to detail in the "repair" but the original install is unacceptable for what you paid and Nautique's' reputation for quality.

Comment

Originally posted by jsta281 View Post
                Very impressed with your attention to detail in the "repair" but the original install is unacceptable for what you paid and Nautique's' reputation for quality.
                Thanks, jsta281. And I agree...this defect should not have passed the Nautique Production System quality checks (assuming it came from factory installed).
                Peace..

Comment

So after this repair, do you have confidence in using the pylon for a boom mount.

In a year or so, used sport 200's may fall into what I can afford. I really want a boat I can mount a boom on.
                  Scott
                  92 Ski Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by jeepn View Post
                    So after this repair, do you have confidence in using the pylon for a boom mount.
                    I have way more confidence than I did before the repair/mod. I'm confident I can now mount a boom with extensions and not have to worry...(hopefully I won't be made a liar very soon). The vertical force that a boom would put on the twist lock pin-to-plastic pylon foot has been diverted to a 3/8 thru pin that goes through both the pylon and the receptacle tube structure assembly. The existing 4-piece structure is pretty stout for fore and aft / side to side forces. Stay tuned...I plan to do some testing before it gets in the water.
                    Peace..

Comment

With all the Sport 200 talk lately, I remembered your post. Have you used the barefoot boom on your boat yet?

Comment

I would be interested in that answer as well. Although I don't think the 200v has enough top end for to barefoot on. But would be good for teaching people to ski.
                        Wisconsin
                        2001 196 Ski Nautique
                        2013 200V Team Edition

Comment

Originally posted by bscott View Post
                          With all the Sport 200 talk lately, I remembered your post. Have you used the barefoot boom on your boat yet?
                          Ha...did all that work and have not put a boom on yet. But we have pulled the heck out of the pylon and solid as rock so far. Boom is still in the plans. I have all the confidence it will be fine after relieving the stress from the plastic twist lock pylon foot. Stay tuned.
                          Peace..

Comment

Ok, finally got around to mounting / using the boom. Boom is a B202 with one B110 extension. We hung a really big, healthy SkiTower dude on the end and had good success. Pylon is solid...in fact he was able to man-handle the boat to the point I really had trouble keeping a straight track. Boom had a good 8-10 inches of bend from tip to tip. This is a slightly modified pylon mount...do not recommend this without a bit of modification. Sorry no pics yet.
                            Peace..

Comment

Originally posted by sodbuster88 View Post
                              We hung a really big, healthy SkiTower dude on the end.
                              Don't know who you're callin' healthy...I love a cheeseburger WAY too much!
                              2007 SV211 SE
                              Tow Vehicle 2019 Tundra
                              Dealer: www.Whitelake.com

Comment

Working...
                              X