Band-aid fix. Redesign the tower!
    Photo Album
    Ballast Install 1
    Ballast Install 2
    Amp Install
    PPass Install
    Alternator Install

Comment

We also had this problem as 2011 210SAN. Great boat and dealer very good but problems like this spoil the boat.

We have to drop our tower down to fit in shed.

The 2 front bimini brackets have to be taken off to drop tower also, this is ridiculous and when you take brackets off all the paint comes off them. Also the brackets hit dash and seat which should have not been designed that way if leave on and drop down. They could have at least set them up to swing meaning you dont have to take off or remove 2 screws versus 4. The new tower screw bolts fix the rattling but are a pain to use and ruin the quick release which was a selling point now the tower is more difficult to drop down.

Another issue now fixed on 2012 boats is you cant control stereo from linc main screen and have to click back to stereo screen every time want to change.

Anybody who uses this will find it extremely annoying from 1st operation. Surely they could have done a programme update and included a main screen option with stero buttons. They would have been better to have seperate stero conrol like older boats. Our boat in NZ costed $140g with trailer and all options. Great boat but not well thought out in these departments.
      2011 Nautique 210 SAN 409hp

Comment

Originally posted by Hayden View Post
        Another issue now fixed on 2012 boats is you cant control stereo from linc main screen and have to click back to stereo screen every time want to change.
        I had an extra transom remote added just in front of the hydrogate to fix this problem. No using the LINC for stereo anymore.....
        Current Nautique: 2013 G23
        Previous Nautiques: 2012 SANTE 230, 2011 SANTE 230, 2010 SANTE 210, 2006 SANTE 210

Comment

We already got a rear remote, were told could only run one but in theory should be able to conect another one up?
          2011 Nautique 210 SAN 409hp

Comment

CLARION MWRYCRET MARINE REMOTE Y-CABLE

http://www.amazon.com/CLARION-MWRYCRET-MARINE-REMOTE-Y-CABLE/dp/B0057V62SG

I
            have not used one of these, but I would think it would work. If this isn't correct one, maybe there is another one.

Comment

Trust me, I have a remote on the transom and in front of the hydrogate. I have never used the LINC system for stereo.
              Current Nautique: 2013 G23
              Previous Nautiques: 2012 SANTE 230, 2011 SANTE 230, 2010 SANTE 210, 2006 SANTE 210

Comment

4 legged towers all day

Comment

i am new to the forum. I am from Toronto Canada. Boat on Lake Simcoe. I bought a new 2011 210 Super Air Team. We keep it in a covered boathouse at all times. We have to go inside 4 or 5 times a day and lower tower to do so. We were never notified of a recall---don't know why not. At end of season took boat in to service loose tower. They sent it back with Tower up and said they did some stuff. We stored it in a warehouse with high door so left tower up. Went to lower it today and it wouldn't budge. Called dealership and they told me i had to unscrew something. With a giant allen key that i don't have. They are sending me the thumb screws. But the tapping of the aluminum looks like its only good for a few tries and then will strip. They need at least a backer nut. I bought this boat because of the ease of dropping the tower. Now it wont be very easy. I am disappointed.

Comment

Sorry I meant to ask if a better fix is coming. Perhaps with a pull pin. Thanks

Comment

Thought I would bump up an older thread and see if people are still having problems with the 2011 towers. Mine was squeaking/rattelling and getting worse, so I took it in last week. My latch on the starboard side got to where it wouldn't latch. Haven't picked up the boat yet so I don't know how it will be fixed. Have there been many issues with these latches failing over time. I am one of the unfortunate ones that have to lower the tower each time we dock, so mine gets screwed and unscrewed a lot. I also have speakers/Z5 so it has extra weight.
                      Did the 2012 boats get a permanent fix ? I haven't looked at one up close, but looking at pics, I don't see a thumb screw.

Comment

Working...
                      X