Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 FCT tower coming loose

Default 2011 FCT tower coming loose

Just recently got delivery of my 2011 superair 230. The tower was fine during the first two runs but after the third run I noticed the gap of the tower (where the lock is) is widening. The tower is in lock position and I've tried to reset the lock a couple of times but the tower still leaves a gap and it is getting worse. The tower would rattle back and forth when the boat is in motion. Maybe the locking mechanism inside is loose? My dealer has no idea whats wrong because the tower was built when the boat was manufactured. Anyone else have this problem?

Wilson

I don't know, but that sounds not good. I would not use it till it is corrected. There is too much potential if something is wrong.

Ours isnt loose on 2011 210 but since we had speakers and bimini it squeaks alot to the point of being annoying. I would think it is loosening up somewhat also

Go and see your dealer, there is a remedy for this and it should be covered by warranty

Default Recall

Quote Originally Posted by wilaw View Post
    Just recently got delivery of my 2011 superair 230. The tower was fine during the first two runs but after the third run I noticed the gap of the tower (where the lock is) is widening. The tower is in lock position and I've tried to reset the lock a couple of times but the tower still leaves a gap and it is getting worse. The tower would rattle back and forth when the boat is in motion. Maybe the locking mechanism inside is loose? My dealer has no idea whats wrong because the tower was built when the boat was manufactured. Anyone else have this problem?

Wilson
    Take it to your dealer

Cedar Hill, Texas - Joe Pool Lake (Lynn Creek Marina)

Was just searching for more info on this....

Apparently there has been a pretty large scale recall about this issue.....I heard Roswell is actually flying reps to dealerships to help....

Mine was shaking and rattling like crazy over the weekend....Just my dealer alone had over 40 boats to fix the issue on...They are drilling into the tower and base to mount some blocks that will have hand screws on them to shore up the tower....
    Current Nautique: 2013 G23
    Previous Nautiques: 2012 SANTE 230, 2011 SANTE 230, 2010 SANTE 210, 2006 SANTE 210

Sounds like the dealerships need to be notified. This is a big problem when you consider that people are being towed by the tower.

Cedar Hill, Texas - Joe Pool Lake (Lynn Creek Marina)

Dealerships were notified....Buxton told me not to use the boat before we got it fixed...Ours was i nthe fisrt group of boats to get fixed asnd they just got it back to me on Friday....I have to say the fix works, but it is not the most attractive/factory looking fix they could have come up with....
    Current Nautique: 2013 G23
    Previous Nautiques: 2012 SANTE 230, 2011 SANTE 230, 2010 SANTE 210, 2006 SANTE 210

Default Retrofit is a Joke!

Retrofit is a Joke for a $115,000.00 boat. Why don't they fix this major design flaw instead of making a poor effort of a quick fix and keep shipping boats this way. I Just got my brand new 230 in July and they are still shipping this piece of junk tower with this beautiful boat. The tower latches are crap and just providing screws does not solve the problem. This should be a major re-call..but it is going to take someone being bashed on the head by a falling tower because they were fiddling with two stupid screws. Not what I would expect from Nautiques.

Can someone please post pictures of the dealer fix? Thanks.