New Wetsounds 6 x 9 Speakers in Alpha Tower Cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wetsounds 6 x 9 Speakers in Alpha Tower Cans

Does anyone have any input regarding the new Wetsounds 6 x 9 tower speakers? I'm sure that they are top quality like the other Wetsounds stuff, but has anyone heard them and have opinions? Also, do they fit in the Nautique Alpha tower cans? If so, is it a simple fit or are modifications needed. I'm assuming that Earmark may have some pictures or insight. Thanks.

Anybody?

Any experimentation or comments? How about the Wetsounds or Earmark folks?

Comment

As you know, the Alpha pods load the 6x9 driver to the front plastic bezel and the bezel in turn mounts to the extrusion.
      In my opinion, any HLCD is too heavy for the Alpha's front plastic bezel to support structurally. There's no doubt that the aluminum extrusion and collars are more than strong enough. We've reinforced the Titan 6 1/2 speaker mounting for HLCDs and I am confident we can do the same for the 6x9 version.
      The Wetsounds 6x9 HLCD is the same proven product as the Pro60 and Pro80. With a cone surface area between the 60 and 80 you can predictably expect the performance to fall precisely between the two. In my opinion a Wetsounds retrofit is a no-brainer.
      When the time is right send us your Alpha 6x9 pods and let us make the modifications so you'll be confident you have a completely safe mount.

David
      Earmark Marine
      Earmark Marine
      www.earmarkmarine.com

Comment

Not sure if there is a different version but the ones we used to mock up had a alum plate to mount to. The PRO 696 RS will then drop right into the Alpha can. You remove the front plastic bezel and the speaker will bolt into the aluminum mounting ring. Then you re attach the plastic trim ring. You can also remove the back cover and rear mount them. The hole patterns line up and the speaker sounds amazing in this housing.

We built the speaker around this particular housing so no mods are needed. The ones we had alos had two sets of screw locations, one for the speaker and then one just on the outside for the bezel

Tim
        Wet Sounds

PS. I will get some pics

Comment

I've got the Nautique cans you'll need for these babies! Check them out in the for sale section.

Comment

There's likely only one 6x9 version.
            From what Tim said it sounds like the Titan 6 1/2 and 6x9 pods are constructed differently so its basically a bolt-in operation in the case of the 6x9s.
            You can't be too thorough with the weight of HLCDs.

David
            Earmark Marine
            Earmark Marine
            www.earmarkmarine.com

Comment

Ok cool, was worried there were different versions floating around.

Also, another cool thing we did was make a support piece for the magnet as part of the foam packaging. There are two blocks that slide out of the foam and you can set them in the housing under the magnet to help support the driver weight or better yet, use as a template to make some out of wood or king starboard or plastic etc...

Tim
              Wet Sounds

Comment

Thanks!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. That is great news. I knew that there was some impressive expertise in this community. You guys rock. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                X