226 cigarette plugs do not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 226 cigarette plugs do not work

As the title says, none of the cigarette plugs work in my 226 TE. I do not think they ever worked from when I picked it up three years ago but I never really tried till last fall. It is not a crisis but anyone have ideas of where to start? The boat is a 2005 with keyless ignition, PP, etc. I looked at the breakers but they were all fine, I am guessing it is a loose connection but I have no idea where to even start looking. Any help would be appreciated!

Take care

Kevin

Not sure if you have an accessory button like I have on my keyless, but if that is not on, the 12v accessories will not work. I know this sounds bonehead, but my friend thought his were broken until I pointed that out to him......(I would have thought the same thing if the previous owner of my boat had not shown me)

Comment

hanks!

I would have little doubt that I would miss something like that... And not to sound like a total bonehead but what does that button look like? I thought I had pressed all of them on my dash. Is it next to the shower button?

Kevin

Comment

Just looked through the manual and did not find an accessory button on a 226 TE with keyless. All it says about the 12volt plug is that it is powered by a 10 amp breaker.

Comment

Check the plug wiring

Not sure if this is your answer but...
          Ignition has to be on for the 12v accessory outlets (not politically correct to call them cig lighters anymore) to work on my 05 keyless. With the ignition on use a multi tester to check for voltage at the plug. Check the breaker, it may have tripped because of what happened when I took delivery of my 05.
          On my 196 the accessory outlet in the glove box came from the factory wired in reverse. Unfortunately when I plugged the Ipod power adaptor into it it did not trip the breaker but instead the adaptor caught fire. Brand new boat, wait "what's that smell" a passenger asks me, why its that wonderful "new boat smell" I reply. "it smells like... burnt wiring". And "why is the glove box smoking?" Crap, burning plastic adaptor is now resting comfortably in the bottom of the river.
          2018 200 Team H6
          2009 196 Team ZR 409
          2005 196 Limited ZR 375
          2003 196 Limited Excalibur
          1999 196 Masters Edition
          1995 ProStar 190 LT1 (Bayliner)
          1987 ProStar 190

Comment

Re: Check the plug wiring

Originally posted by j2nh
            Not sure if this is your answer but...
            Ignition has to be on for the 12v accessory outlets (not politically correct to call them cig lighters anymore) to work on my 05 keyless. With the ignition on use a multi tester to check for voltage at the plug. Check the breaker, it may have tripped because of what happened when I took delivery of my 05.
            On my 196 the accessory outlet in the glove box came from the factory wired in reverse. Unfortunately when I plugged the Ipod power adaptor into it it did not trip the breaker but instead the adaptor caught fire. Brand new boat, wait "what's that smell" a passenger asks me, why its that wonderful "new boat smell" I reply. "it smells like... burnt wiring". And "why is the glove box smoking?" Crap, burning plastic adaptor is now resting comfortably in the bottom of the river.
            Thanks, I will give it a shot

Comment

I don't know about keyless pads, but my outlets don't work without the key turned to aux. To be sure and if you have access to H20, Crank the boat. If they don't work at that point, I'd believe you have a problem.
              2007 SV211 SE
              Tow Vehicle 2019 Tundra
              Dealer: www.Whitelake.com

Comment

Working...
              X