Please Help!! Trying to remove Pylon on '83 nautique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!! Trying to remove Pylon on '83 nautique

I am doing my first stringer/floor job ever. My first major snagg is that I can not get the pylon out. I have searched this forum along with ccfan and the2001.com and cant find anything pertaining to that year nautique (I realize they are probably the same for other years).

Questions:
    1. Am I correct?.....There is a brass looking tube coming out of the hull about 3" tall. There is a shaft that goes into this tube and has a bolt going thru the two to keep them together (I have removed the bolt.) Mounted on the top of that shaft is the aluminum pylon and there looks to be a roll pin that locks the shaft into pylon.

2. If this is correct, is there a secret to seperating the two? (I have taken out the 4 bolts attached to the engine cradle, mine had bolts, I think others have 2 U-bolts).

What I have tried...
    1. soaking 2 days now with PB Blaster.
    2. Pipe wrench with 4 foot extension for torque.
    3. Sledge hammer from every side to try to jar loose.
    4. Pry bar using blocks of wood on the hull (I ended up bending the pry bar).
    5. lifted boat with chain hoist on pylon (seperated floor from sides of boat more!)

The only thing I havent done, not for lack of trying, is removing the roll pin thing in the pylon about 7" off the hull.

next step....Sawzaw?????? Please Help!!

Also, has anyone had trouble registering on correcctcraftfan.com or the2001.com? I have tried and tried and cant get registered?

Thank you, and sorry for the long 1st post,
    Lance

RE: Please Help!! Trying to remove Pylon on

CCFan has quite a few threads about stringer replacement and pylon removal, if you are unable to register send a message to the admin, Keith@CorrectCraftFan.com

Good luck with your project!

Comment

Re: Please Help!! Trying to remove Pylon on '83 nautique

Originally posted by lfd13
      Also, has anyone had trouble registering on correcctcraftfan.com or the2001.com? I have tried and tried and cant get registered?
      Try deleting your cookies and try CCFan again- that will sometimes clear it up. If not, shoot Keith (the admin) an email: Keith@correctcraftfan.com

the2001 was having issues and shut down registration- not sure when it will be back up.

Sorry I cant help with the pylon issue, as my '90 has a newer style with a different mount. It sure sounds like youre giving it ****! Someone on CCFan should be able to lend some insight.
      1990 Ski Nautique
      NWCT

Comment

Working...
      X