2000 SNOB key pad problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 SNOB key pad problems

I own a 2000 SNOB I bought about three years ago. I love the boat, but have a problem with it this season. It has the electronic ignition keypad as opposed to a manual key. I was working in my garage and wanted to turn the stereo on so I entered the code and attempted to turn on the accessory mode. Nothing happened. In fact the red backlighting on the pad would not even light up. I tested the batteries and checked all the connections. Everything was fine and the batteries were fully charged. I could get the green lights on the side of the keypad to blink sporadically, but that was about it. The blower light will also blink sporadically when pressed. I got frustrated, called it a day and covered it up. The next day I entered the code and everything worked fine. In fact it worked fine for the whole week until I was about to take it out on the weekend, then nothing. Same problem as before. Green lights blink, but nothing else....not even the red back lighting. I am thinking it could be a faulty keypad. I also heard from a friend that the PME box (Power Management System) could be bad.....but to be honest I do not know what that is. Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggestions?

RE: 2000 SNOB key pad problems

There is a separate ground wire in addition to the main negative cable at the battery which I've noticed has a big affect on the dash. Make sure that additional ground wire is free from corrosion at the terminal and hooked up tightly to the battery.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2000 Ski Nautique GT-40
    2016 SN 200 H5
    www.Fifteenoff.com

Comment

Key Pad Problems

Hello;

Simple solution. Clean the battery connections on both positive and negative posts.

A lot of times they will build up a layer of corrosion that is not visible until you remove the terminal. Remember, to remove the negative first, and install last.

Dan, the STS man

Comment

Well I checked the battery connections.....which were fine, and then started taking out the keypad. I started playing with the wires going into the keypad and everything started coming back to life. Looks like it is definitly a short somewhere in the sealed keypad. I plan on ordering a new one today which should fix the problem.....thank you all for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X