Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Bow Cushion Removal on 03 Super Air

Hi All,

I am in the process of removing all of the interior panels from my boat, I am having a bunch of fiberglass work done so this a good opportunity to take the boat apart and give all the interior a complete cleaning and upgrade some of the speakers.

I have removed all of the panels from the middle of the boat and I am trying to figure out how to remove the upper panel in the bow. This is the one piece panel that wraps around the entire bow. I know that someone out there has done this because I am assuming this is what has to be done in order to replace the speakers in the bow panel. I am not sure of the best way to do this I know there are several contact points where the panel is bolted to the fiberglass, most of which are not even visible from under the driver or spotter seats. Any suggestions on how to go about this in the easiest manner are much appreciated.

It's not an easy task. I've done it on an 00' and I had to grow a new arm joint. The piece must have been put on when the deck is upside down because the bolds are way up high on the pad. You have reach up from the cushion holes and find the nuts, 7/16". So, you have to find them around the whole pad and then there might be a couple of screws driven through from the drivers feet well and passenger storage. The screws will be hard to find because they will be buried in the carpeting. If you need to remove the handrails, you are better off cutting an access hole once you get the pad off. Cut a whole that will be hidden by the pad. Because you will not be able to the nuts on the backside, it's a very tight fit.

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X