Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know this has been beat to death but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this has been beat to death but.....

I dont know a thing about props and considered getting a spare. Then I figured, I should get a nice new one and use my stock one as a spare. Then I realized I didnt know how to research them or what to look for and the research I did here didnt help me too much so I am just as confused now as I was when I started. So here is where I am at.....

I have a 93 sport nautique with the carb gt40 engine that I plan on using a pair of 400lb sacs and ride with usually 1 other person if not sometimes 2. I use it for mostly wakeboarding and probably like 5% skiing with some tube pulling in between. My stock prop has been fine and I wouldnt know what to look for other than that. What should I go with and why? I was thinking of just keeping it in the boat and possibly buy a prop puller for it too if they arent too much money for them.

Let me know what you got for info, as a prop n00b, I really appreciate it. :grin:

Don - I've seen various threads here on PN regarding props, and I believe there is one that goes through an analysis of several different props (the good, the bad, and the ugly). I wasn't able to find it in the search, and I can't remember what particular boat it was done on.

What may be helpful, and maybe Jeff can make it a sticky, is to start a new thread and have members reply in with info on what prop they are using. Would also need to know the model boat, year, engine type, amount of weight/ballast they typically run, and a brief impression on performance. Also would be helpful to list out previous props they may have tried, with a blurb on performance as well. Just an idea.
    2003 SAN (current)
    2003 Chaparral 220 SSi (sold)

Comment

Working...
    X