dumb question - 206 clamshell removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question - 206 clamshell removal

I want to remove the clamshell bottom of the engine cover on my 2006 206. It is not obvious to me how to remove that thing. I see the rubber straps inside forward. Then the pins aft. I've tried to pull the pins straight up...but they are either in tight or they are binding against the bottom portion of the cover.

What is the trick here? Do I just yank they **** out of them straight up? or does the bottom slide back first then the pins come out? I don't think they unsrew because the cables would get all bound up.

It seems obvious...but I assume they've never been out before and they are just bound up.

Help appreciated.

AirTool

RE: dumb question - 206 clamshell removal

They just pull straight up. If you can reach the pins with the bottom half of the cover closed, and the top half open, try that. Otherwise try to remove the pins with the cover closed as much as possible.

Comment

RE: dumb question - 206 clamshell removal

Good suggestion, and try the same above with opening and closing both pieces together while putting some forward or aft pressure on the doghouse, also remove the back seat cushion if need be to give more tilt. The pins are just tight with the doghouse being pressured in one direction or the other, mine was aft IIRC. Getting it back in can be a trick as well.

Comment

Working...
      X