battery/alternator for 2001 SAN??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery/alternator for 2001 SAN??

i have a 2001 SAN. im in the prosess of adding a stereo system and have this question i hope someone can help me out w/.

im adding 2 alpine 400 amps, 2 tower spkrs, and a 10" sub. i replaced my orig alt. w/ a 140 amp alternator. is swapping alternators enough or do i need to add another battery and isolator?

thanks!!

RE: battery/alternator for 2001 SAN??

It's not a bad idea to do that. I upgraded the stereo and alternator as well, the reason I added the second battery was so I could have an isolated starting battery - that way if we parked at the beach after riding and spent a long time swimming/listening to the stereo we would still be able to start the boat even if the stereo battery got drained.

If you can afford the isolator and battery it's definately worth it (beats not being able to start up the boat to get home :grin: )
    Neuston Boards
    Nautiques

Comment

im think im going to add the battery/isolater. that is my thinking: that its worth $350 to not have a dead battery on the water once. should i be able to add a light bar to the aux battery w/ this set up?

thanks for tge reply!

ps- i have a number for a company in detroit that made me a 140 amp marine alternator for $150. let me know if anyone wants it.

Comment

Working...
      X