Throttle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle issue

I have a '94 Ski that I purchased last year and I am slowly correcting some of the little problems that it has. Currently, it will not maintain speed while pulling or just cruising. It seems as if the throttle is backing out on its own. What would I need to look at to solve this? Is there an adjustment that can be made?

Thanks.

Mitchell

RE: Throttle issue

It's supposed to do that, take the spring off the throttle body if you want it to stay on it's own.

Comment

Leave the spring on it! You want the throttle to return to idle if the cable breaks. There might be a drag adjustment on the throttle lever.

Comment

Thanks for replys. This is my first boat, so I assume you are supposed to hold the throttle at all times. Makes sense. I just find that most of the speed "sweet spots" require alot of throttling up and down. I thought that it may be a problem.

Comment

You can replace the throttle return spring with a spring that has less tension. Some people just stretch the stock spring out a little bit to achieve the same thing.
          1998 Ski Nautique (Red/Silver Cloud), GT-40, Perfect Pass Stargazer 8.0z (Zbox), Acme #422, Tunable Rudder.

Comment

Working...
          X