Oil Filter Relocation Kit Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter Relocation Kit Question.

Hi all, I have a 5L year 2000 SNOB. Can anyone direct me as to what oil filter relocation kit to use?
    Thanks
    Miles.

RE: Oil Filter Relocation Kit Question.

Does anybody have a remote oil filter?

Comment

I would be curious also. I inquired with PCM a couple of years ago and they didn't have anything available for a GT40.
      Ski on dude!

Comment

I'm curious as to why you would want one.
        If you have a SN, it's very easy to get at the oil filter on the block. I have a 98 with the GT40 and it's very easy to remove and replace. Just put some paper towels under it and cover with a plastic grocery bag and change. You get a little spillage, but not bad, then just wipe any drips.

On a Vdrive I can see the need/want for the remote oil filter, but I don't see the need on a direct drive.
        I think that might be why you haven't seen many responses, not many people have them.

Comment

Agreed about the SN. I cannot see a reason to have one for that engine. They cost $250-300 and you are not really gaining anything as far as access. I guess, you would get a level filter so you would have less spillage, but you can buy a lot of paper towel for $300.
          That said, I have a V drive big block in my boat and I think in that application the remote filter is worth every penny, possibly more. I would have $250 worth of charley horses and busted knuckles, every time. I put it in at the end of the season while i was winterizing. I am looking forward to easy oil changes from now on.

Over the hump of winter, riding again in under 90 days !!!!!
          the WakeSlayer
          1999 Super Air - Python Powered <-- For Sale
          1968 Correct Craft Mustang

Comment

Working...
          X