trailer pvc guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer pvc guides

Hi I just purchased a 1990 Sport Nautique and the Nautique trailer has 2 holes in the back for pvc guides. Can I find replacement guides for the trailer and our they expensive.

Thanks for any info Nick

DHm Enterprises carries them: http://www.dhmtrailers.com/online/pr...=72&page=1
    Player\'s Edition SSN. Pimpin\' the rest....

Comment

Ok thanks I seen a picture of the stock trailer with them in, and mine just has the empty holes.

Comment

look under the trailer, there should be a threaded pipe fitting under the hole. my guides on my 91 nautique trailer are just 2 inch galvanized pipe threaded into couplers welded to the trailer frame. if so you should be able to pick up a couple of threaded 48"pipes at lowes or somewhere and screw em in. the pvc portion is just a sleeve over the galvanized pipe. hope this helps.

Comment

Yes they do have couplers welded into the trailer. I will stop by lowes today and see if I can get some galvanized pipe.

Thanks swooddc.

Comment

Once you get the pipes pick up some pads:
            http://correctcraftfan.com/store/

Comment

one more thing, there are some holes drilled through the coupler for small bolt. when you get the pipes threaded in, drill a hole through the coupler and pipe to put a small bolt in. they can work loose without the bolt.

Comment

Ok thanks, I just found that my coupler on the right side has been broken off so I need to pick up a new one and weld it on. I have the left side finished and it looks good. Do I need to put a pin thought the pvc that I have over the pipe to keep that from sliding off?

Comment

no, the pvc pipes have caps on them so they kind of float up as you back the boat down into the water. they won't come off unless you completely submerge the galvanized pipes. sounds like your trailer has the same problem mine does. though probably a different cause. deer jumped into the side of the trailer while wife was driving it around to the boat ramp to pick me up. no boat on the trailer, it looked like the guide pole caught the deer full in the chest. broke the coupler right off. now I have one guide pole. your previous owner just removed the other one to make it match.

Comment

Yea it is broke clean off. The good thing is I should beable to weld on a 1 1/4" coupler and it will be good. I think I will need to weld it on with the pipe screwed into the coupler to get the right angle.

Comment

Working...
                    X