oil drain hose 1997 sn gt-40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil drain hose 1997 sn gt-40

I would like to add an oil drain hose, but I was told the motor would have to be lifted or the hull ground away in order for the hose to be installed. I guess there is not enough clearance to tighten the elbow fitting to the oil pan.

Is this correct or is there a hose that will work

Thanks.

RE: oil drain hose 1997 sn gt-40

could be
    i never added it

HUMAN BUILT = HUMAN FIXED

CERTIFIED MARINE/PWC TECHNICIAN
    switchbait.com

Comment

I have a '97 Sport Nautique and have always used the Oil Boy. It sucks the oil out from the filler tube and seems to do a very good job of getting the oil out. It is also very fast and leaves no mess. It works best if the oil is warm when you use it. Rob

Comment

I have an oil drain hose on my 99 Sport with GT40...and I don't ever remember it being that tight. I'll take a picture of it when I get home tonight and post it later.

Comment

I know on the 97 sport if you want to add one you have to raise the motor to do it. I am not sure why the 97 sport was the only year of the 93-97 sport to require this. This could be true for the 97 ski also. If you call SDIM they can tell you. I am glad mine did not work because i baught a pump to take it out of the dipstick and it is very easy and clean.

Comment

Working...
          X