Any GT-40 tune up tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any GT-40 tune up tips?

My '99 starts great right off the bat, but if you run it for a while, sometimes it has turn over a few times to start back up. I just replaced the fuel filter. Someone mentioned it might be a leaky fuel injector that's flooding the motor. What about cleaning the throttle body? Any suggestions?

RE: Any GT-40 tune up tips?

This is best addressed as two questions- 1) what's going on with the hot starts and 2) are there tune-up items on the GT40 that could be attended to in general.

1) How long does it take to actually start? A couple seconds? Could just be a bad tank of gas?

2)There are a few parts on the GT40 that you can attend to for tune-ups. These would include plugs, wires, cap, rotor, spark arrestor cleaning, throttle body/IAC cleaning.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2000 Ski Nautique GT-40
    2016 SN 200 H5
    www.Fifteenoff.com

Comment

I've changed the plugs, wires, fuel ilter, thermostat, and impeller. The boat starts great cold, but turns over for 5 seconds or so once you've ran it for a while. It doesn't run hot, hesitate, or lose power, just takes a few seconds longer to start once it gets warmed up.

Comment

Working...
      X