Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perko Battery Switch (Alternator Field Disconnect Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perko Battery Switch (Alternator Field Disconnect Version)

Has anyone installed this model on a nautique?

RE: Perko Battery Switch (Alternator Field Disconnect Versio

Two of our boats have this type of switch, one perko, and one BEP Marine - the BEP is a fairly new product and is much smaller, more compact than the perko or others. Have had no trouble with either of them, but would not recommend buying the cheapest one you can find either.

Is that what you're asking? Or how/where to install it?
    How 'bout a little reverse action...

Comment

I was asking if anyone installed not just the perko switch, but the perko switch that has the alternator disconnect feature. I bought one for my boat and haven't hooked it up yet. The battery connections seem straightforward, just wondering if the optional AFD feature works on direct drive boats.

Thanks

Comment

OK gotcha - that should work fine. I believe all it does is prevent damage to the alternator if you switch the thing to 'off' while the boat is running - the alternator doesn't like to have nothing to charge. That feature should work regardless of the application, I believe.

Comment

NO
          what it does it makes before it breaks the contacts
          it is when u go to battery 1 to 2, then 2 to all
          it makes a connection first than breaks the other connection

NEVER TURN THE BATTERY SWITCH TO OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUMAN BUILT = HUMAN FIXED

CERTIFIED MARINE/PWC TECHNICIAN
          switchbait.com

Comment

Sorry if I misspoke, of course the switch has to make the new connection before breaking the old, otherwise you couldn't switch batteries with the engine running, at least not with EFI etc., and of course switching the thing off with the engine running would be a terrible idea - my bad on that one. But when you say NEVER switch to off, you mean while the engine is running, is that correct?

Comment

But when you say NEVER switch to off, you mean while the engine is running, is that correct?
              YESER!

HUMAN BUILT = HUMAN FIXED

CERTIFIED MARINE/PWC TECHNICIAN
              switchbait.com

Comment

Working...
              X