Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHERE exactly is the temperature sender and temp switch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHERE exactly is the temperature sender and temp switch??

I searched everywhere on this site and couldn't find any descriptions saying where exactly the sender and switch are on a GT-40 (1999 SAN). Can someone describe it and/or post pictures?? Thanks!!!!

RE: WHERE exactly is the temperature sender and temp switch?

Not near my boat but below the manifolds on the block, in line with the drain plugs sound familiar.
    How 'bout a little reverse action...

Comment

is this it?

is the brass thing in the middle of the picture the temp sender? (wires have been detatched and attached to red wire to ground to check sender)

Comment

RE: is this it?

I just talked to Correct Craft and they say that there is no temperature "switch" on these engines.

Comment

What do you mean by "switch"? There is a temperature sender which is what makes the needle on you temp guage fluctuate, I don't know about a switch though. Take a look at my gt40 and you can compare it to yours and see if anything is different.

If you copy the image location and open it in a new window it will be larger and easier to see.

Comment

Looks like you have a slightly different connector/T coming out the engine, but looks like I guessed right. I talked with the guys at skidim and they said that there is a temperature sender (shown above), and then there is an OPTIONAL temperature switch. I think the switch triggers alarms and bells in case of overheating. I don't know why there would be both, since I thought the sender sends the temp to the gauge and also the red warning light.

Comment

So do you have a temp warning light and it's not working or were you just curious?

Comment

Yeah, read the other post: "GT-40 Temperature Problem (or gauge problem)"

I guess I should have asked this question in there, but I needed a quick answer and wanted people to see it.

Comment

Working...
                X