Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year?

I was wondering how I tell the year ? I believe its a 1990.

RE: Year?

The lowered step plate in transom is indicative for 90-93 I think? Somebody else should be able to tell from the graphics. Or you can go on ccfan and compare it to the graphics in the brocures.

Comment

RE: Year?

Serial number stamped into the drivers side rear trasom. Last 2 digits are the year. I think it is a 90, but the serial number will confirm. BKH
      2001 Super Air

Comment

Thanks I found the number by the transom and it is a 1990

Comment

They must have used the same graphics for a few years, because a friend of mine and my folk have the same graphics as pictured above. His is a 91' and my folks is a 92'. Great boat and good looking trailer combo!

Comment

Originally posted by johnjmurray
            They must have used the same graphics for a few years, because a friend of mine and my folk have the same graphics as pictured above. His is a 91' and my folks is a 92'. Great boat and good looking trailer combo!
            They used the graphics pictured above from 91-93, so if it is indeed a '90 per the HIN, the graphics arent original. I would have guessed it was a '91 because of the graphics and windshield.

1990 graphics are the same as '89 and look like this:

1990 Ski Nautique
            NWCT

Comment

I'll tell you....newsgroups are awesome. This group is loaded with knowledge. Quite amazing if you ask me.

AirTool

Comment

Be careful with the serial number there is also a letter that tells the month manufactured. If it G or later the boat was made after June which would make it a 91.
                Nautiqueless in San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
                  Be careful with the serial number there is also a letter that tells the month manufactured. If it G or later the boat was made after June which would make it a 91.
                  The month its made doesnt matter- if the last 2 digits are 90, its a '90 model regardless.
                  1990 Ski Nautique
                  NWCT

Comment

Originally posted by TRBenj
                    Originally posted by Rick
                    The month its made doesnt matter- if the last 2 digits are 90, its a '90 model regardless.
                    Tim is correct. BKH
                    2001 Super Air

Comment

From the owner's manual of my 2001 SAN

"The hull identification number is a requirement of the U.S. Coast Guard for boat manufacturers. It is a standardized numbering system that assigns a specific sequence of numbers and letters to a specific boat. This number is molded into the hull. You will find it on the right-hand side of the transom just below the rubrail. Write this number down in your records and keep it in a safe place away from the boat.

Here is a brief explanation to help you understand the hull number:

The first three digits represent Correct Craft, Inc. (CTC). The next five digits are the boat's serial number. The following digit is a letter from "A" through "L" designating the month the boat was made.

There are three remaining numbers. The first of these represent the last digit of the year the boat was built. The final two numbers state the MODEL year. A boat built in August of 2000 is actually a 2001 model boat."

BKH
                      2001 Super Air

Comment

Originally posted by bkhallpass
                        From the owner's manual of my 2001 SAN

BKH

My 2002 196 owners manual reads the exact same way.

If a 2002 boat was made in August of 2001, it would read 801...

Comment

No. Last three digits of an 02 boat made in Aug 01 would be 102. BKH
                          2001 Super Air

Comment

Originally posted by bkhallpass
                            No. Last three digits of an 02 boat made in Aug 01 would be 102. BKH
                            you smart. i dumb.

actually: H102 would be the last 4 on hin.

Comment

Correct. Last four would be H102. BKH
                              2001 Super Air

Comment

Working...
                              X