Throttle Removal - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Removal - Help

I am trying to remove the driver side panel on my '00 ski. All I have left to do is remove the throttle handle. Can anyone provide some help on how to remove this?

RE: Throttle Removal - Help

Figured it out. Forgot to look for the set screw on the bottom.

Comment

Can you explain how to do this? Is the set screw on the inside of the panel? There is not much room up there so I haven't been able to locate the set screw (haven't spent too much time on it yet though). Once I remove the screw, will the handle come right off or are there other screws to remove? Thanks...
      2003 SANTE

Comment

Put your head on the seat. Kiss the vinyl. Rotate your head without loosing vinyl contact. Look at the bottom of the throttle handle. The small hole......That is the set screw. Remove, drop, loose, search, swear, reach, grab, drop, swear, search.....repeat until darkness. Buy 3 screws for future procedure.

Comment

That is a **** small hole and screw. This should be fun. My next post after I finish this project will include a few bleeps I'm sure.
          2003 SANTE

Comment

easier way of going about said procedure is to push the throttle all the way forward and look at the bottom lol

Comment

Put the handle in the neutral position, usually straight up. On the bottom, there is a notch in the chrome ring. There is a set screw up on the body of the throttle handle, past the chrome ring. You do not have to completely remove the set screw, just loosen it. Do that. Remove the small phillips screw that in in the center of the shift disconnect button. Remove the plastic cap the screw held on. The throttle handle pulls straight off.

Comment

If you are taking the panel off of a Ski Nautique in that year area just remove the four nuts under the seat pull out the seat, and then begin working on getting the side panel out. Its nearly impossible to get it out without cracking it with the seat in, plus its just in the way when you are taking out the throttle screw and the screw that mounts the side panel to the floor. Be sure to cover the seat base with a towel so you don't scratch your side panel on the bolts like I did...

Comment

Working...
                X